"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, August 11, 2013

painting, swimming and ICE CREAM!

















Mom and Dad decided to replace all the boards on the street side of the fence before they sold the house.  All the wood needed to be painted and many hands made light work.  With 11 of us painting we did A LOT of work in a little over an hour.  The reward for working hard was a nice afternoon in the pool.  It was wonderful and we were ready to cool off.  This was the "last swim" for us at their house and it was bitter sweet.  Darci and the kids left after dinner.  It is so hard to say goodbye!  Of course there were tears and a lot of hugs.  It is hard to live so far away from your family, especially your sisters.  We had to made a visit to the best ice cream spot in town, Scott's Dairy Freeze.  They were a special treat growing up and it was fun to take the kids.  Nana treated everyone to ice cream as a thank you for painting the fence.  Oh, that ice cream was good!  Drew and Morley FINALLY had the chance to do some night swimming and I helped mom go through some closets.  In one we found a gem.  A picture of me when I was about 2.  I was in Grandma and Grandpa Christian's boat on Lake Tahoe.  I took a picture of the picture as a treasure.  Our time at Mom and Dad's was rapidly coming to an end.  We were trying to squeeze in every last thing before we left.  One thing I REALLY wanted to do was climb Mt Si.  Unfortunately, there was a forest fire and all the trail heads were closed.  Big bummer but we found plenty of other adventures to keep us busy. Pin It!

1 comment:

Darci said...

Painting, swimming and ice cream. That's a pretty productive day. Lots of tears and hugs for sure. Living apart is tough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...