We did sneak in a quick visit with Darci to Snoqualmie Falls. Darci, Candice and I all worked there during high school. It was so gorgeous with the sun setting and even a rainbow near the base. Mom and Dad took us out to dinner and a yummy Mexcian restaurant on The Ridge. It was so good!
Visit to Krispy Kremes
Ferry ride to Bainbridge Island and time at the Waterfront.
Fremont Bridge Troll
Pikes Place Market
Gum Wall on Post Alley at Pike Place Market
Street performer that made Ella's day
Seattle is only 31 miles from my parents home. Yes. 31 miles. Right now I drive 20 miles just to go to Wal-Mart or church. Kind of crazy. Wednesday we spent the nearly the ENTIRE day in Seattle. Will, Val, Mom and Dad joined us on our adventure and it was tons of fun! Again....we had to do all the "things we haven't done and everything we have one last time". We started off our morning at Krispy Kremes. Val and I nearly had an immediate sugar headache just from walking into the shop. The kids were over the moon and even spent some of their own money to buy a few extra doughnuts. Then it was off to the water front in Seattle. We took the Ferry to Bainbridge Island. We love the ferry. Seattle is just a great city and so many memories were created there through high school and with family. We spent a little bit of time walking through the "ol' Curiosity shop" and then ate a super cheap and greasy lunch at Dick's Drive In. Seriously cheap, burgers were $1.50, fries were $1.25 shakes $2.25. That was everything on the menu too. Easy peasy and greasy. We had to venture over to the TROLL under the Fremont bridge. I had never been there, a shame I know. It was fun and quick. Dad, Will and Val left to go home after that but Mom was a trooper and tagged along with the kids and I to the rest of our stops. Pikes Place Market was PACKED and we cheated on parking. Mom stayed in the car at a 5 minute parking spot near a super nice hotel while the kids and I ran up the street to do what we needed to do. A street performer made Ella's day by asking her to stay on his step with him for a picture. He was awesome and very "statue" like. Then the disgusting GUM WALL. Seriously, so gross but so interesting. All the boys put their own piece of gum on the wall. Ella was totally grossed out. Then it was time to leave downtown Seattle at 5:00 in the evening. What a treat. Sense the sarcasm. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad and we avoided most of the horrendous traffic. After we dropped Mom off at home I took Morley, Brayden and Drew to the mall to look at shoes, specifically football cleats. Morley scored a pair and the other two were disappointed. It was a LONG and super fun day. I can't believe we crammed all of that into one day.
I will always love Seattle!


1 comment:
Good grief! That is one Seattle packed day. You guys saw sites I still haven't. :)
Post a Comment