"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Journey home...













I have called the beautiful Snoqualmie Valley "home" for 33 years. I had to say goodbye for the last time when we drove away that raining Thursday morning.  I was sad that Mt Si was covered by clouds and it couldn't bit me farewell.  It was an amazing week with family and so many new memories made. I felt like a tourist doing so many things for the "last time"! So emotional as I gushed tears driving away that morning from my childhood home. Thanks mom and dad for raising us in such a beautiful place! We love you!  Though countless memories encompass that home/property, we look forward to the many new memories we'll create at their new home.  As Matt told me as I cried to him driving away,"it isn't the home that made the memories, it was the people that you made them with."  

We drove 12.5 hours the first day all the way to Billings, Montana.  Thankfully it wasn't as hard as I thought it may be doing it without Matt.  Yes, my patience was tested but we survived and arrived to the hotel 30 minutes before they closed for the night.  They enjoyed relaxing and afterwards enjoyed warm cookies from the front desk.  The beds were very comfy and we all slept great.  We all slept in the next morning, ate our breakfast slowly and did a little bit of shopping.  After some fabric therapy and a visit to Target we were back on the road with another 8 hours ahead of us.  Matt was anxious for us to get home.  It is VERY rare that he is home without us.  Beautiful scenery, $.50 cent cones, a caffeine fix for me and too many snacks got us home before too long.  We made it home early enough to still keep up with Friday night tradition of pizza and a movie!

So happy to be home but missing our extended family already!
SUMMER vacations are awesome! 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Darci said...

We definitely grew up in a beautiful place. Saying good-bye stinks! We loved our time together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...