Thank goodness for handy dandy cameras on phones. Good grief, I would miss out on documenting a lot since I don't haul my big camera around everywhere.
With all the sweet corn the Cruise's gave us, I canned 15 pints of Roasted Corn Salsa and 15 pints of Sweet Corn Relish. Trying to get that done the first week back to school/work was a challenge but we were not going to let it spoil!
Our garden is doing pretty well. My squash plant finally decided to get with the program and actually grow something. I discovered this huge watermelon....only to find out it wasn't yet ripe. I almost cried when I cut into it and it was all white. There is another one out in the garden but I am afraid to pick it. I am enjoying the cherry tomatoes with motz and basil in my lunch at work. I am hoping the tomatoes will keep until I get enough to make more salsa. Can't wait to add more raised beds next year!
Ella is dressing herself well these days. She has been able to "dress herself" for years but just recently in a way that I don't need to help her change her mind. Unfortunately.....our dear dog loved the sparkles on her shirt and now there is a big hole that I need to try to fix/cover up.....
We are slowly but surely making progress with our chicken adventure. With the help of Mitch and his ranch truck and John with his front loader....the "coop" made the trek from Gurley to Dalton last Saturday to our house. It was quite the event trying to get it off the truck with the front loader and I stayed out of the way. It was full of junk which is now cleaned out. We just need to sure up the sides, cover a few wholes, make a door and put up the new REAL fence and ditch the pallet enclosure. My goal is to have it completely done in two weeks. Hopefully we will start gathering eggs in the next month! YEAH!
Jenni had her beautiful baby girl on Tuesday. Her name is Evelyn Justine and she is precious. Ella and I went to visit her and Jenni when she was two days old. Boy howdy, my heart melts when I hold a little baby! Much to Matt's disappointment I still do not want another baby.....
Ella enjoyed a VERY rare afternoon to herself without any of her brothers home. She chose to watch some Care Bear movies that she "never gets to watch anymore because her brothers don't like them". She gathered her friends and enjoyed a few peaceful hours while I laid down with nasty head cold.
Brayden bought his own BB gun. He is having a lot of fun around our property with it and even killed a dove.....and cleaned it and ate it. It is dove season after all. He is a good shot with that thing! Morley sold his iPod to buy a shotgun so he can go hunting this fall with Matt. Now that his Hunter Safety is complete he is anxious to go.
We were planning on going camping with our Colorado friends but had to cancel due to football, Bountiful Baskets and Matt's work schedule. He has been working 15 hour days for nearly 5 weeks and only taking Sunday's off. We miss him terribly and SO glad this big project will be done TODAY! Since we couldn't go camping, Ella and Brayden wanted to sleep on the trampoline. They somehow convinced their daddy to join them. It was a perfect night and everyone slept well, except Matt. Everyone rolled to the middle and it was a little cozy. He sure is a trooper. I have been sleeping on the couch to avoid contaminating my bedroom with my sickness. I haven't been sick in SO LONG, I have felt horrible! It is nice to have a long weekend to spend with our family.
Happy Labor Day!
1 comment:
Love the pics! Yeah for Matt's big project being done today! Was the big project my birthday present for next year? If so, why is he done already? I would think that if he were to give it proper effort he'd still have several months to go... Perhaps he just works faster than I estimated? If so, GO MATT!!
Post a Comment