"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, September 30, 2013

super heros and nerds












* Drew made a goal poster for his art project.  I was very impressed with his goals!  He is working hard to accomplish all of them!  We also had parent teacher conferences and the they are all doing awesome!  Their teachers are very impressed and their test scores put them in "above benchmark" categories on nearly all subjects.  We are very proud of their dedication to their school work!

* How washable is a washable marker?  Drew thought he would try it out by coloring some facial hair onto himself.  Good news.....it is very washable.

*  It was spirit week at the elem/jh this week.  Super hero day and nerd day were the favorite themes at our house.  They were very creative with their nerd outfits and were a hit at school!

*  I started making "bento" lunches for Ella this week.  They are super fun and she LOVES them!  Bento (弁当, bentō) is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine.
I have been finding the items for the lunches over the past month or so either on eBay or Amazon for great prices!  Those panda bear and bunny shapes are hard boiled eggs!  How cute is that?  I am trying to make them at night since they do take a little more time.  Ella was packing her lunch before so this will be a change for her....and a little healthier!

*  After football and Bountiful Baskets on Saturday, Matt took all of the kids dove hunting at our neighbors.  I was so impressed that he took them and they had a great time even though they came home without any birds.

*  While they were hunting, I was at the church for the General Relief Society broadcast.  I was in charge of organizing the evening.  It was successful thanks to those that agreed to help me with my vision!  They theme for the evening was "fill your cup", spiritually through the broadcast and with food for your tummy!  All of the food was served in punch size cups: fruit with a yogurt dip, cut veggies with dip, two different salads, rolls and yummy strawberry/lemon water.  I bought in all of my fall pumpkins that I have to decorate the tables and food table.  It was perfect.  After the wonderful broadcast we had a delicious dessert of brownie/vanilla yogurt/pumpkin spice cake topped with whip cream and Oreo bits.  It was a wonderful evening, the talks were amazing and I left feeling the great love my Heavenly Father has for me.

It is another busy week and I am in Grand Island for 2.5 days for a work conference.....I miss my family! Pin It!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

Drew makes me laugh! What a character! I really want to do the Bento boxes, even have all the stuff. I lack the initiative. Way to go lady. You are amazing. The broadcast themed food looked yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...