"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

another week whizzes by!


















 

First.....I forgot to document that Morley was nominated and voted in as his Freshman Class Vice President.  I am excited for him and for the friendships he continues to build and strengthen with his new friends!  He is working hard still pulling straight A's and being a good example to his peers.  He had Hope, Taylor and Kenny over for the day on Labor Day and it was having them all around!

Wednesday we had a MONSOON hit Dalton.  We received a little over two inches of rain in about an hour.  Our yard was submerged and our driveway was a lake.  It was intense and intimidating!  I had to drive into Sidney for a presidency meeting and the storm was about to hit there when I was headed home.  Parts of my drive on the highway I could only go 25 mph.  They lightening mimicked someone turning a light switch off and on...off and on.  I was happy to be home and out of the yucky weather.

The weekend brought more football.  Morley won his High School game 64-6 again South Platte.  The freshman/JV were able to play most of the 4th quarter, which  means Morley had playing time!  He was nervous but did a good job!  I think their next game may be a similar blowout resulting in more playing time!  Leyton does a pretty cool thing after their games.  Everyone joins the team at the goal post.  The team is in a circle with Coach Lipska in the middle.  We can hear what he says to the team as the players hold hands and have great unity.  At the end of the coaches words, everyone bows their head and recites the Lord's Prayer.  It is very powerful.  I feel the need to learn it so I can contribute.  Morley has it memorized and it is neat to observe him with his team!  Drew and Brayden started their games on Saturday morning.  Every Saturday morning for the next 5 weeks will be spent in Scottsbluff cheering on our two youngest football players.  We nearly melted in the heat.  Brayden's team won and he did awesome.  Compared to the lack of playing time he had last year and his passive attitude....he is a different player!  His heart is in it this year and he is being rewarded with a lot of playing time!  Drew's team lost but gave a valiant effort.  Drew is one of the biggest boys on his team but he is still a little timid on the field.  He doesn't like us to give any constructive criticism from the sidelines.  We have more games this week so hopefully they will continue to improve!

On Sunday I gave another talk in church.  The topic was Family Home Evening.  I felt I was very well prepared and shared important information and how our church leaders would like us to conduct FHE.  We have rededicated ourselves to doing it weekly along with our nightly scripture study.  After church, Ella and I made 20 pints of Zesty Salsa with the produce from our garden and Bountiful Baskets.  I picked 16 pounds of tomatoes and eight green peppers and 10 jalapenos from our garden, it was so exciting!  It is really good and I can't wait to do a little more salsa and spaghetti sauce.  Ella loves to be in the kitchen with me and she was a great little helper.

School is going, going, going.  The boys and Ella are doing well and keeping very good grades.  Ella is excelling the most and is LOVING to read.  She has made so much progress since the first day of school and it is exciting to watch her gain confidence.  Right now I don't spend any time in Ella or Brayden's classes but with my flexible afternoon schedule I hope to help out a few days a week.

I am trying to sew in the evening after the kids are in bed.  It makes for a late night but I love making special items for friends and those all over the country.  I have quite a bit on my plate right now and feel like they are taking me forever to complete with my limited amount of "sewing time".  Thankfully everyone has ordered way in advance and there is no rush!  Phew!

Our anniversary is speedily approaching....16 years.  Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...