"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

work conference


 
With my new position at work as a technology steward, I needed to attend a conference focused on one of the programs we use at school.  It was a two day event five hours from home.  It was quite the ordeal getting everything arranged for the children before and after school from Sunday afternoon til Tuesday evening.  With Matt taking Morley to seminary every morning at 6:00, that left
Drew to get up on time and have Brayden and Ella dressed and breakfast eaten before catching the bus at 7:45.  They did it without any flaws.  Well one....Deacon was left out too long in the morning before school and they didn't know a chicken had gotten out.  We have one less chicken.

The conference was long and sometimes over my head but I did learn a lot and there is so much our school district is not utilizing within the program.  Baby steps.  It was nice to have a few days to myself but staying in a hotel room and eating out for every meal did get a little old quickly.  I am so used to noise and commotion that a quiet room was uncomfortable at times.  I did go to bed early and at least I was rested!

I am enjoying the new adventure at work and it helps immensely to break up the times I have with the special needs child I work with.  That can be so very stressful and I love that my afternoons are now open to do this and work in the other classrooms. Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...