"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, October 18, 2013

Flowerfied with Brayden

















Every year the 4th grade classes from our part of the state of Nebraska go to Flowerfield country school for a field trip.  Both Morley and Drew went and had a great time.  I was excited to be able to go my first time with Brayden and his classmates.  I played two rolls while on the field trip:  mom first and foremost but also assistant to Brayden's teacher Miss Primm.  Every year the students get to make a published book about their trip to Flowerfield so I was in charge of taking all the pictures for the book.  The class picture....we had to keep straight faces....no smiling.  Funny right?

 It is a one room school house from 1888 and the entire property is made up of buildings as they would have been back then.  From a store to sod houses to out houses.  The class practiced and learned the history for weeks because they were kind of roll playing with the teacher.  They truly acted like they were in school back in 1888.  Everyone was dressed in period clothing and the teacher expected the children to obey the rules as they would have been back then.  It was a great experience and I look forward to going back with Ella.  We brought our simple lunch of beef jerky, dried fruit, biscuit with jelly and a fruit roll in a towel in a tin can.  To top it off, we went in October and it was freezing and snowing on our way there.  Drew and Morley went in September and it was so much warmer!  Everyone was a good sport and enjoyed the day.  I enjoyed being there with Brayden.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...