Life doesn't come with an instruction manual....it comes with a mother.
Mother's Day was wonderful. It was more of a Mother's Day weekend! Friday after work I met Matt in town and he bought all flowers and soil for my hanging baskets and pots. We also purchased vegetable starters and seed packets. Saturday the family worked outside ALL DAY. Matt tilled the garden and started putting in the raised garden beds he made. He also hung the metal hooks on the columns so I could finally use my baskets. We mowed the lawns, weeded, planted flowers in our flower beds and picked up trash for a service in Gurley. I think we picked up over 100 pounds in 1 mile. We were all SO exhausted Saturday night but so fulfilled with all that we accomplished. I couldn't think of a better gift than working with my family outside! Matt took Morley and Drew to see the late showing of Iron Man 3. Brayden, Ella and I fell asleep on the couches shortly after they left.
Mother's Day was wonderful. It was more of a Mother's Day weekend! Friday after work I met Matt in town and he bought all flowers and soil for my hanging baskets and pots. We also purchased vegetable starters and seed packets. Saturday the family worked outside ALL DAY. Matt tilled the garden and started putting in the raised garden beds he made. He also hung the metal hooks on the columns so I could finally use my baskets. We mowed the lawns, weeded, planted flowers in our flower beds and picked up trash for a service in Gurley. I think we picked up over 100 pounds in 1 mile. We were all SO exhausted Saturday night but so fulfilled with all that we accomplished. I couldn't think of a better gift than working with my family outside! Matt took Morley and Drew to see the late showing of Iron Man 3. Brayden, Ella and I fell asleep on the couches shortly after they left.
Sunday morning Matt made breakfast and we tried to take pictures before church.....but we were running late so we took them after church. One of my favorite places in town is the paint chipped garage door. We came home, opened sweet homemade gifts from the kids and then I took a nap while Matt made dinner. It was delicious and thanks to Bountiful Baskets we enjoyed artichokes and white corn! It was a nice relaxing day spent with those I love most! We ended the evening with a fire/roasting marshmallows, playing basketball, volleyball and just being together.
I am so thankful to be a mother. It is THE hardest job and the most rewarding job I have ever held. There are tears, laughter, anger, joy, frustration, excitement....you get the idea. My mother is my friend and great example. I hope to more like her when I grow up! I am thankful for Matt's mother for raising and exceptional son who is a great father and husband. My sisters and sister-in-laws teach me through their example and I am so thankful for their influence in my life!
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful examples in my life who teach me and show me what is most important in life...family. Take pride in what you do and who you are. We are not perfect, nor are we expected to be. Our Heavenly Father wants us to be the best version of ourselves that we can be and live up to our potential. Don't compare ourselves to those around us, that is too exhausting. Be amazing, one moment at a time.
One of my favorite quotes right now is:
Be strong, be loving, be prayerful and kind to yourself.



1 comment:
Love this! And we are so honed in on awesome mother's day quotes! :) Great minds think alike, right?
Post a Comment