"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Arrow of Light and Bear Patch





We had our final Pack Meeting at our house for the school year.  We invited all the families and had a hot dog roast and enjoyed everyone hanging out together.  The darn weather foiled my plans of doing our awards and Arrow of Light Ceremony by the fire pit, we had to go inside the shop.  I hope the boys had fun, it was hard to hear with the acoustics and the little kids didn't like being cooped up.

Brother Dutton did the Arrow of Light ceremony and he did a wonderful job.  Initially we wanted to do a big mountain man ceremony like we've participated in, in the past.  However, it was just our small pack and we opted to to a more spiritual, scripture oriented ceremony and used scriptures and the story of Moroni.  Drew, Jacob, Todd and Bryce all earned their Arrow of Light and a special arrow to remind them of their hard work.  Brayden earned his Bear patch and 4 arrow points.  He has been working hard attending two different scout packs through the year.

This was a bittersweet meeting.  After 5.5 years, I was released from my calling as Webelos Leader and called into the Relief Society presidency.  These boys that received their Arrow of Light I have been teaching in scouts since they started.  I will miss them terribly but it is time for a change and they are in good hands with their new leaders.  Elaine bought me a beautiful potted plant as a thank you and I will always remember my scouts when I see it.

It is time for summer and the cub scouts take a break.  YEAH! Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...