After much deliberation, Ella decided on a Fancy Nancy party! It was fun to plan with her and I think it was amazing! We kept the party small to make it more manageable and affordable since we wanted to do some fun party favors/activities.
I spent some time making the backdrop for our photo shoot (time consuming but cheap...$3) and then make tissue paper poms for the rest of our decorations. Thankfully it all came together and Ella was a pleased little girl! When all the girls arrived, they would see their name card at a place setting. Each of them would receive a boa, necklaces, a ring and a hat. We first decorated the hats with big plastic flowers....and Jenni and I glued them wherever they told us....
Then it was picture time. Individuals, with Ella, and a group picture. The picture of all party guests sitting with their eyes covered was for Ella. She wouldn't pose and be silly with "everyone watching her". Silly girl.
I LOVE that they little ladies were willing to go with the party plan and dress up and act a little goofy.
Jenni came and hung out. I asked her to just set my camera settings so I didn't have washed out pictures. In addition to that she brought her own and just jumped in and took the pictures of the girls. THANK YOU!
After their photo shoot they were able to eat their tea party food....mini style. They were all served a mini honey/jam flower sandwich, mini fruit kabob, mini cupcakes while sipping on grape soda. Then, if that wasn't enough sweets, they made their own sundae/grape float in little glasses. Too cute! They had fun choosing their toppings and having as much as they wanted!
After everyone was stuffed and Ella opened her fun gifts I asked Jenni to take a few of me and Ella. Holly suggested we use the Fancy Nancy book as a prop and it was perfect! That little book was our "guide book" on how to properly throw a Fancy Nancy party. Ha!
I am glad Ella had a few more sweet smiles left....
I hope every little girl had a special time and enjoyed dressing up! They went home with all their little goodies including their name holder and name plate. They all looked darling and I am so thrilled with how it all went! Shawnee stayed for an extra hour or so and Ella was in heaven. That gave me time to get everything put away and cleaned up. What would you do with all those poms after a party??
Hang them from her ceiling of course!
Since the boys were still on their camp out, we continued to enjoy some girl time. She wanted to eat dinner at Perkins. We had fun taking a few pictures and Holly also came along. Ella was totally cracking me up and we were having great conversations! I sure love this girl!
So glad you had a wonderful birthday party! We adore you!
















6 comments:
Tres Chic!
Amazing. How will you ever top that? Ella is one lucky little girl to have such a cool mommy. What a fun party and beautiful girls.
What a perfect party planner you are! Looks like a dream party for your sweet 6-year old. Happy Birthday, Ella!
Great party and fun pictures!!
Wow! That is a lot of making up for years of boy parties. ;) I love it. Everything looks great and Ella is such a cutie.
Loved the party! You sure know how to throw good parties!
Post a Comment