You know when you see something and you just HAVE to have it? I came across this ADORABLE umbrella outfit by Persnickety. I had to have it for Ella...but the outfit was WAY out of my budget being priced at $132.99.
So...if you can't buy it...MAKE it!
I immediately found the umbrella and crown fabric on etsy and could barely contain
my excitement to tackle the project.
Here are the pictures of the professionally made outfits I saw online...
I had to wait nearly two months before I could start the project so I could stay on top of my etsy orders. That is a good problem to have, right?
The skirt was easy to figure out without a pattern because it is very similar to a twirl skirt I make all the time for my etsy store. I love the yummy fabric and the fun hot pink polka dot ruffle on the skirt. The big umbrella was easy enough to just enlarge and print off and use it as a pattern. I almost want an umbrella shirt for myself!!
Ready....here is my knock off version...
I am in love with how well it turned out...especially the $110 I saved by making myself!
From the looks of it...I think miss Ella is too!
what inspires you?


6 comments:
Oh. My. Heck. That is so adorable!!!
Your site inspires me. :) Not just through sewing and applique, but through motherhood as well. :D
You did awesome! I can't even tell the difference in photos. It's adorable!
I love how the skirt and shirt turned out. Love the super fun colors and mix of fabric. Makes me want some more color and vibrant fabric!!! You are amazing. Breathe!! Tomorrow will come and vacation next.
I am allowed to say that you inspire me? I could go on and on about so many things that you do that inspire me! Love that outfit. It is adorable!
Nice job! That's so cute and GREAT savings!!!
I even got to see it on Ella with my own eyes - so adorable! You are an inspiration for sure.
Post a Comment