Morley was ordained a deacon while we were in Utah, on June 11, 2011. In our church, when a young man reaches the age of twelve, they can receive the Aaronic Priesthood. Morley was so excited and nervous to make this big step and to have opportunity to have amazing new and special experiences.
On Saturday we met at Auntie Sarah and Uncle Kent's home with 34 family members. We all crammed in and enjoyed a very neat and spiritual meeting as a family! The memories I have of that day will forever be with me as Morley's mother. I know Morley was deeply touched by the experiences he had that afternoon. Family is so amazing, and even more so when you can share these momentous occasions together and gather together to support one another.
Morley with his uncles, grandpas, great grandpa and dad who ordained him.
A very special group of men!
All 34 of us, and a beautiful picture!
Funny story about this group picture. Since everyone attending the ordination was family...there wasn't anyone "extra" to take a group picture. Except....for Vince's girl friend and my brother Tom's girl friend. So...we had some pictures with Kalee...and some pictures with Laura...but not with both of them together! It was silly and necessary.
Despite Drew's crabby face..., it was an amazing day. Morley is a very special young man and he was able to show everyone his strength in what he believes through is testimony and reverence. I think I can speak for the family who was there to share the day with Morley in saying that we are all very proud of him and impressed with the young man he has become. He will do great things, I am sure of it!
We love you, Morley!
6 comments:
Congratulations Morley! It will be so awesome to see him passing the sacrament! He's a great young man.
Awesome...congrats Mr. Morley!
That was a very special day, our first grandson to receive the priesthood. We're so happy that so many of the family on both sides were able to be there. Morley will do great things. We love you, Mo!
Congratulations Morley! I am sure he is becoming such an amazing young man. I can't believe these two little ones are turning 12!!
BTW, don't think your awesome calf muscle in the bottom pic went unnoticed!! Nice work! ;)
It was such a treat to be there for Morley's ordination. We are sure blessed with a wonderful family.
Morley! You rock dude! I can't wait to see you pass the sacrament and serve the errands of angels!
Post a Comment