"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, July 22, 2010

family scouting campout

We attended the annual Pack 90 Cub Scout Family Camp out last Friday night.  We had such a blast and it is always nice to "camp" in town!!!  We started off the evening a dinner of grilled hamburgers, delicious salads, lemonade and baked beans.  Then it was time for the RAIN GUTTER REGATTA.  Their boats did pretty good, considering we had TOTALLY forgot to build them during the week.  Thirty minutes before the camp out started...we started the boats.  A little spray paint and a hot glue gun and *WHAM* a boat.

BRAYDEN



DREW



After that was all cleaned up, it was time for the campfire.  We did the campfire last year and they asked our family to do it again.  I guess sometimes people are just funnier when you're camping...OYE!
Matt had some great songs picked out for us to all sing together, a family skit and then some really funny skits with another parent.  Matt is such a goof ball and REALLY, I mean REALLY gets into the whole scout camp song groove.  I LOVE how committed he is!  We roasted marshmallows and let the kids play flashlight tag or something.  Ella and I went home to sleep in our beds while the boys stayed back and slept in a cabin.



We arrived back at camp Saturday morning just in time for breakfast burritos!  YUMMY...those are just my favorite thing for breakfast!  Then it was rocket making time!  Each child was able to make their very own rocket!  While the rocket glue was drying, we had a quick lesson Ultimate Frisbee and then headed over to the soccer fields to make a few teams and play.  It was only 10:00 in the morning and the temperature had already reached 89 degrees...which wasn't a good sign.  Once we reached the soccer fields, Ella had a rash on her legs that was spreading quickly and very uncomfortable for her.  So...I took her home and gave her a bath, some ointment and headed back.  By then, it was time for a yummy lunch and she was feeling much better.

THEN
it was rocket time...so back to the soccer fields.

The boys were able to load their rocket onto the launcher, connect the wires and then help with the "button" to launch.  They were all SO excited to see how high they would go!





Ella was pretty tired and still not 100% and really just wanted her "blankie".  She nearly fell asleep...but was awaken when all the fun and games resumed at the campsite.


There were some family games, I took a short little nap in the sun...then it was time for some REAL FUN!

WATER GUN FIGHTS!  They have huge garbage can placed strategically around the campsite (near water faucets) fill to the brim with water...and water guns.  Matt had a little war against a few of the scouts and it was hilarious to watch.  I tried to stay out of it...but then couldn't resist the fun.  Once I was in...there was no backing out.  I was on the wrong end of a sneak attack from 4 little scouts...who got away from me before I could return the favor.  Water fights don't too great when you are hobbling around!



We couldn't go home without a family picture holding our weapons.  Last year it was marshmallow guns.
I love family outings and especially with great people!

Pin It!

3 comments:

Jenni Call said...

That water fight looked dangerous!!!

Joanne said...

Man, your pack really does it up big. I think Matt gets a little crazy like I do at YW camp. What a fun campout. Mom

Anonymous said...

on the ground ready, push up her dress pull down her knickers, a finger up her bum and suck her little p-ssy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...