Sunday morning was INSANE! There was SO much going on it made your head spin. For example: Who is leaving for Utah before church? Who is going in what car? Who was going to church? What time is church again? Where is _______? Where are the church clothes? Was the bathroom free? Who's in the bathroom now?
Then Drew and his cousin Keegan began forming a plan to get Drew to Utah for the week. Man...they had to wait until the last minute to come up with that idea! The big question...how was he going to get home? Thankfully, we have awesome friends in our ward that own a trucking company. They are currently making 5-6 trips out to UT a week...so Drew will hitch a ride home with them...sometime.
While we were at church, one car load of family members (including Drew) left to Utah. The rest of us went to church, but only for sacrament meeting. Two more car loads of family members left to Utah...leaving just FIVE Haley's...from Nebraska. The house was oddly quiet after such a busy few days. While Grandma took a nap to recover from the craziness, we went exploring. Matt, me, Morley, Brayden, Ella, Uncle Vince and Grandpa Haley piled in the van to do some GEO-Caching, explore the amazing sand dunes and other beautiful spots KIND OF close by.
These pictures were taken where the old Teton Dam reservoir would have been.
The landscape was gorgeous and we also saw a bald eagle flying around!
This location was beautiful! I love the bridge, the Teton mountain range and Matt with his dad and brother. They don't have a chance to be together very often, and I thought a few of these pictures were priceless.
Brayden and Ella had a fun time exploring an old Sugar Beet factory. There was basically nothing left of the original structure but there were so many antique items all over the place. Ella LOVED the old tricycle and Brayden discovered an old military helmet.
The sand dunes were SO cool! Too bad it was super windy...I could have played there for hours!
These pictures were taken where the old Teton Dam reservoir would have been.
The landscape was gorgeous and we also saw a bald eagle flying around!
This location was beautiful! I love the bridge, the Teton mountain range and Matt with his dad and brother. They don't have a chance to be together very often, and I thought a few of these pictures were priceless.











7 comments:
*jealous* of the mountains! I so want to try that geo-caching thing some time. I'm so glad it was a fun day and you got some quality family time in! :)
Those dunes and wild plants are soooo gorgeous. Very peaceful!
What a blast you guys had in Idaho. Great pictures, too. I can't wait to have you here to make some memories in Washington. Love you TONS, Mom
Gorgeous pictures! I can't believe how much you and your family have been able to do this summer! I'm glad you're having fun :)
I love the picture of Matt with his brother and dad just walking!
All your pictures are amazing! I can't wait to see you soon!
Looks like a fun and crazy trip. Rexburg sure did have a 'few' fun things to do! :) The dunes were always a hit.
I love the last pictures - priceless. It looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment