"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, July 5, 2010

Idaho ** day 2

Margie, Ellen (my sister-in-laws) and I woke up bright and early to start our day off with the Liberty 5K race. It was SO COLD!!!!  Matt was our driver, photographer and cheering section.  After we had registered, we went back to the van to stay warm because it was only 45 degrees outside and windy!  We had time to drive back to his parents home to get my light weight pull over so I didn't freeze wearing a tank top.  I also forgot my knee band...again...so I was a little unsure of how it would go.  I was so excited to do this with Margie and Ellen that I tried to not think about the "what ifs".

 Margie, Ellen & I before the race


At the very last minute, Margie and Ellen decided to shed their layers and brave the cold.  There were more people there than I first expected.  As in every race, there are at least a few that just SMOKE everyone else.  I was about in the middle of the pack and WAY out in front were a few guys that just practically sprinting.  The race started in a nature park and went through a golf course.  I ran the entire thing and my never hurt...YEAH!


3 tired girls after the race

too many layers for a July race!

We hurried home to get ready for the annual 4th of July parade and found almost everyone still asleep.  Matt's brother Vince had "saved" our seats at 6:00 am.   It was a great time and fun to watch all of the kids ooohh and aaahh over the floats and scrambled for the candy!



Matt's parents


all FOURTEEN grandchildren after the parade


After the parade 18 of us went canoeing on a slow river just outside of town.  There was 7 adults and 12 kids in one kayak and 5 canoes.  It made for some interesting rowing at times but so much fun.  Unfortunately, my little green camera wasn't taking high quality pictures of everyone on the river.  Some pictures were so washed out...a total bummer. 






It was fun to race at times and  have some splashing moments.  Ella even fell asleep for the last hour or so of our float.  I had so much fun and wish we had a place at home we could do it more often!  I enjoy receiving a good workout while also having a fun time with my family!






When we arrived home, it was nearly time to have a yummy BBQ with steak and chicken shishkabob's, watermelon, yummy salad with huckleberry dressing and homemade baked beans.  I wanted to try taking a silhouette picture of the temple at sunset.  After watching as short youtube video...I set out. 


then...it was FINALLY time to do some fireworks.  The kids were happy with the sparkler and 'snaps'.




and for the finale we had some fun pillar fireworks that we oooh'd and aaahhhh'd over.  I think we were finally done by 11:00 at night with many small children who were very tired.



and of course we had to finish off the celebration with a family picture



holy smokes...we had a busy fun day.  As I am typing this post, I can't believe we did all of these activities in ONE day with so many people!!  It was amazing and definitely one that we'll all remember for a long time!!


Pin It!

4 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Nice sparkler photos! I did not use my flash at all which made my subjects blurry. Oh well, guess the essence of movement shines. Amelia burned her hand yesterday with a sparkler so won't entertain the idea to trying again. Happy 4th!

me said...

*2 thumbs up to a great day* :)

APeck said...

stop by and see us!

Lori Davis said...

What a fun trip! That is WAY too many layers for 45 degrees in July... don't you run outside at 5 am... shed those layers girl!! You look fabulous however and the kids are adorable! I am glad you were able to get to ID. Love the pic of the temple too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...