"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pinewood Derby Days

Participating in two separate cub scout packs is very busy. This week we had two Pinewood Derby's and the boys had a great time! At the church derby, I was involved with them since I am the Webelos leader. Morley earned 2nd place and Drew earned 3rd place. This year we were so excited to have 15 cub scouts participate! I was asked to dance, sing and yell with the scouts and the others in attendance to kill some time during the judging! Oh...good times! It was fun to be there with my boys and to be in uniform with them!



Drew's car "the monkey"



Morley's car "the Mormon"
On Saturday we had our city pack derby and there were about 30 boys racing their cars. Their track is all hooked up to electric timers that show 1st-4th place immediately. Then they have it projected onto a big screen for everyone too see.
The boys had a really fun time with so many boys participating. Drew earned 3rd place in his wolf den. Morley earned 1st place in his Webelos den AND 1st place overall.




One more derby for the record books. Next year Brayden will be able to race in the Tiger den. This is Morley's last year to race since he will be turning 11 in May. I have no doubt that he will want to still make a car to race in the "open class" next year.
I love how much time the boys get to spend with Matt as they design, cut, paint and race their cars! It was fun, but oh-so-glad it is over for another year!
Pin It!

8 comments:

me said...

*HUGS* good mommy! :) Glad it was a good experience and WTG for those awesome scores, boys!

Jenni Call said...

Pretty much you rock that uniform! Wink! Morley's car title won him the competitions. LOL. Looks like a memorable event for all involved.

alison said...

Congrats to the boys for doing so well in Pinewood and to you for surviving 2 derbys! :)

Joanne said...

You know, it does an OLD scouter good to see his daughter and grandsons in Scout uniforms.....even Nana is a den leader! Congrats Boys, those are hot cars. I love the name on yours Morley! As I recall there was a bomber plan in WWII with a similar name wasn't there?
Pa Perry

Darci said...

By the looks on their faces I guess they really enjoy this special scouting event. Their cars look great - and so do you!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Congrats to the boys. Impressive trophy! Justin turns 11 this month so no Derby for us this year...yeah!!

APeck said...

Hey, I've got a shirt just like that! I am now the new Webelos leader in our ward. Send along any ideas PLEASE!

Christine said...

Pinewood Derby is my absolute favorite scouting activity. So far I should say, and that was only as a leader, not a mom!

How fun to have two boys in Cub Scouts. They look like they love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...