"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cease to be Idle

I can honestly say that I have NOT been idle lately! I have been going, going, going and then a little more. Late, late nights and early mornings are catching up to me though! With all of the amazing holiday orders I received at my Etsy store, I haven't had time to make anything for miss Ella. I had been holding onto certain fabrics for months, just waiting for the time to make her the cutest outfits. Now that the holiday season is over...she can wear her spring-y clothes all the time! I have wanted to learn how to make the "bubble skirts" that are so popular right now. I even bought a few so I could try to figure it out...but Jenni saved the day! After a few unsuccessful attempts, she mastered the concept, then taught me. The first one I made is the skirt on the right using Amy Butler fabric. It turned out better than I had hoped for! After I put Ella down for a nap that same day...I made the black skirt with the birdies. Super simple and SO CUTE! The little flowers on the yellow and white shirts can be worn in her hair or on the shirt. You can find the tutorials to make your own HERE and HERE. I want the yellow and brown skirt...too bad the fabric only comes in fat quarters. There is just something that I LOVE about these color combinations. Can you tell I am loving the color yellow right now??



These are the new SPRING designs I created for my Etsy store. I did all of these in about a week and it was so fun! All of them were made in Ella's size...totally NOT on purpose. Okay, TOTALLY on purpose. I didn't have the right size shirt for the owl...otherwise she would have that one too! One of my favorites is the Galoshes! You can see up close pictures of each design in my store.


And add in a few (eleven) new hair clips and a few more designs in the mix...it has been crazy! I am having so much fun and I am excited to see where this new venture will take me.
Oh...the biggest loser...
ugh.
Although, I changed my approach yesterday and I am feeling much better and I hope to see some good results next week at the weigh in. It is all about enjoying the foods you are eating and in the right quantities and combinations. Today was a good day.
Pin It!

7 comments:

alison said...

wow you have been SUPER busy! Love all the cute shirts and great job on the skirts. :)

Hadzters said...

Love the umbrella and ladybug shirts!

{jane} said...

cute. cute. cute.

now, find time to sleep!!!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

So flipping cute!!!!! You are so amazing it's sick ;-)

Darci said...

Good thing you love what you're doing otherwise you would run out of gas. Nice work, sis!

Jenni Call said...

Yep...the verdict is in! Love the ladybug shirt! You amaze me, no wonder you don't sleep

Joanne said...

You did sound like you were out of gas last night. Love the designs, but don't let it get the best of you. Amazing, creative lady, you are! Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...