"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

biggest loser


Today is a new day. Today is the first day of a Biggest Loser competition that I started up with a bunch of girl friends. Today I am taking control and making a change.


There are 28 ladies who have committed to getting healthier by participating and there is a $480$560 cash pot! Can you say, AWESOME?? We live all over the place...Nebraska, Alabama, Ohio, Utah, Washington, Florida, Nevada and California. It is a six week competition and I am so excited! My goal is to lose 15% of my current weight so I can be where I was this summer. I probably won't lose all of that in the six weeks but I hope to be well on my way. I lean towards the South Beach "diet" and go to the gym 5-6 mornings a week. FIVE a.m. is going to kick my bootie, but I am going to do it! It is time for a "life style" change, not just a diet to quickly lose weight, only to gain it back.
23


I have also committed to FIVE races this year. Total insanity I tell you! I am excited to have all of these races to keep me on track and I am excited that I started training for them today! There are three races, three weekends in a row...that will be interesting! I am going to run the 1/2 marathon with Maya and the 10k in May and July with Kris and Erica! The other two races are in Sidney so I hope to have some company this year on the trail! *wink*


10k ~ Boulder Boulder ~May 31st
1/2 Marathon ~ Deadwood Mickelson Trail ~ June 6th
5k ~ Gold Rush Days ~ June 11th
10k ~ Classic Grand Prix ~ July 24th
10k ~ Oktoberfest ~ October 2nd


At church on Sunday we had a wonderful lesson in Relief Society on motherhood. I have been struggling with with taking the time to have quality one-on-one time with each of the kiddos. My friend Deb shared that she was prompted to started spending 15 minutes with each child, each day doing something they wanted to do with you. She said it has made all of the difference in the spirit of her home and the contention between her kids! I couldn't contain my emotions and realized that is exactly what I need to do. The first day was yesterday and it was SO GREAT! I told the boys what we are going to start doing and they were pretty excited! I am really looking forward to reading, listening, talking, playing or whatever they choose. I am also working on a BING-O chore chart that will create more "fun" while helping around the house.


I have a great feeling about 2010! I have some daily, weekly, monthly and long term goals that I am looking forward to reaching.





Pin It!

5 comments:

Erica said...

I want to plan on the Oktoberfest this year!! Jamey better not ruin things again. :) Best of luck on the Biggest Loser- there is a group here that is doing it too- I hope that I can lose a good amount of weight as well.

Mackay Family said...

Good luck! You are going to be SO skinny if you lose 15%! All of those races are an awesome thing to look forward to (and to train for)! I know I tell you this all the time, but you seriously AMAZE me with all that you do!

Darci said...

Those are big commitments for 2010 and you're going to kick butt! Don't be too hard on yourself though. I'm sure the kids are excited for their own designated time with you.

Aaron & Nancy said...

We started doing a similar thing a few months ago from an idea out of the Ensign with Aaron. They have "Daddy time" with him one Sunday a month. It's usually about 45 minutes to an hour per child and they choose the activity. The kids LOVE it! I need to do something similar because I feel like I'm always too busy for quality time. I'm around all the time, but not always as involved as I'd like to be. Good luck!

me said...

*shame* 1st week nada goin so good. I had a really good 3 day run...gotta try harder this week. Yeah...and maybe work out. A plan is half the battle, right? RIGHT? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...