"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, January 19, 2014

teeth, spelling and football


















What a busy week we've had!  To start it off the boys finally talked me into playing a new board game: Power Grid.  It is a minimum of two hours....so it sat on the table unfinished ALL WEEK until we finished it last night.  It was fun and exhausting.  Drew finally won.  During the game, I pulled out one of Ella's loose top front teeth.  She was brave and hilarious at the same time.  I am sure the other front tooth will come out this week.  Oh how darling she will be.

Morley had away basketball games on Tuesday and Friday, thankfully close by in Bridgeport and Potter.  They lost to Bridgeport but beat Potter!  Wahoo!!  That is our big "rival school" and we swept all four games that night.  Matt and I enjoy the Friday night games as our "date night".  The other kiddos opt to stay home and eat pizza and watch a movie.

Back up a bit....Ella finally had Lydia over for a playdate.  She is a kindergartner and a cutie.  Her dad is the principal at school and her big sister was sick and in the hospital so we had Lydia over to help her have some fun and play with someone.  It was great and a nice distraction for both Ella and Lydia.  Drew and Morley had scouts in Sidney while I did some more rental property work.  I have a new fridge!  Well, new to me anyway.  The nightmare rental needed a new fridge and the one I found was SO much nicer than ours that I bought it and then mom and dad bought mine for the rental!  Matt was a trooper and did all the manual labor of picking up, unloading, moving, loading, unloading again.  We're all happy with the upgrade!

Thursday was an exciting day for Brayden and Drew.  There was a Spelling Bee at school for grades 4-8 for those students who wanted to participate.  I was so happy that both of them showed interest.  They did amazing and worked through their nervousness and spelled like champs!  They made the top six and are headed to the county Spelling Bee on January 29th in Sidney.  Very excited for them!

Saturday was a crazy running around day.  Matt and Morley had a scout training in Scottsbluff in the morning.  Ella and I headed to Sidney for a birthday party, rental house work and grocery shopping.  The wind was horrible.  Two times during the day wind gusts reached 60 mph, during one of them I was driving.  I had to pull over because I couldn't even see the front of the truck the dirt was so thick in the air.  I got home 30 minutes before a race I was participating in at the high school.  I joined a fitness challenge in Bridgeport with three teachers I work with.  We did the walk together and earned some extra points for our team and burned some calories.  Thankfully the wind  had stopped and it was a great time.

Today we fed the missionaries, all four of them.  It was delicious; venison roast, pear and blue cheese salad and cheesy potatoes.  The best part, they did the dishes afterwards!!  Then we watched the football game against the 49'ers and Seahawks.  Seahawks won....SUPER BOWL baby!!!  Drew likes to takes goofy selfies on my phone.  One week until he is TWELVE.... Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...