Morley had basketball practice at 7:30 am....on New Year's Day. He was SO tired! He and Matt didn't get home until 3:30 from the dance in Cheyenne. Since I was up and the house was quiet, I started to take down all the Christmas decorations. I love them but I also LOVE how clean and crisp and simplified our decor is when it is all put away!
Matt was a happy hubby and daddy when we ALL went ice fishing together on New Year's Day. It is our new tradition. Some of us like it more than others (Drew) but in the end we always have fun. We received some good snow New Year's Eve and it was really snowing hard when we left for the lake. I am happy about that...then I don't have to see the ice. It makes me a bit anxious to have all of us on top of ice that is a mere 8" thick when I know how deep the water is. I KNOW Matt wouldn't have us out there if it wasn't safe, it is just a thing I have. Thankfully I didn't hear any creeks and cracking this year.
The boys set up our little ice hut village while Ella and I made a potty and pizza run to the nearby gas station. The big house was never used. Morley LOVED the single hut and stayed nice and toasty. Matt's little 2 man hut was fancy and warm with his propane heater! He bought it for a killer deal over the summer. It was REALLY slow fishing the first few hours but the kids had fun running around and cutting more holes hoping it was THE "honey hole". Drew and Brayden were especially happy when the Siler's arrived. They fished together and walked around and quizzed Matt and Morley was was working. FINALLY they started catching the fish. Matt and Morley caught the most but that is because they sat still the longest. Everyone caught at least one fish, except me. I was too busy visiting and documenting our adventure. Drew dislikes fishing, most of the time. However, when he was with Quinn he was as content as could be to sit and wait and then they caught one at exactly the same time and then later on a catfish. Brayden was successful, as usual. He and Noah had fun together fishing and playing. Ella went from hole to hole, pulling her bucket and pole as she went. Changing out her worms when she felt they weren't good enough. She cracks me up. We left at dark having made more memories and stayed pretty warm considering there was no sun and fresh snow.
Just a few more days until we are all back to school and work. Maybe it will snow and we can have a SNOW DAY on Monday. Doubtful!

1 comment:
She would change out her worms?? Haha! That is so cute!
Post a Comment