What a week it has been. It was SO cold Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Before we went to bed last Sunday night it was -37 with the windchill. We keep forgetting to do the bubble test when it is so cold....we want to see if they freeze! Sunday night we took some of the YM with us to a meeting in Cheyenne for Trek. Morley has the wonderful opportunity to participate this year with the Stake when they go to Martin's Cove in Wyoming! Matt and I can't believe it has been almost 8 years since we went as a Ma and Pa! We are secretly hoping that they need more adults and ask us to go!
Ella was a trooper and modeled my Valentines' Day design in the cold. It went from smile to get me out of here in about 5 cold seconds. We took what we could and it worked! Orders keep coming in! We all continue to enjoy the amazing sunrises and sunsets out here in the country. We don't have buildings and close houses to obscure our view.
Unfortunately, I know have a cracked screen on my phone. I know, 1st world problems, right? I slipped on some ice at the rental and nearly fell and dropped everything I had in my hands. Verizon wants WAY to much to replace it, even with insurance so I am attempting to fix it on my own. The first replacement screen that was sent was defective. Of course. So I put my cracked screen back on while I wait for the second replacement.
I have been thinking and thinking about my "one little word" for 2014. I didn't quite get around to officially choosing one for 2013 so I may combine the two I have in mind. They go perfectly together and I can't wait to make it official and really start to apply them in my daily life!
We heard some really scary news from my mom this week. My dad has been in Hong Kong she hasn't had him for the support she needs. Thankfully she was back in North Bend helping Ellen after her surgery so she kept busy by serving others, which she does the very best. She had all of her girlfriends for support and I am so very thankful for that. She has another appointment tomorrow and my dad is home. We will know more and the plan of attack. I have been so very emotional this week and just can't wrap my head around it all. What is the hardest is being so blasted far away and not able to be there for her. My sister and her two boys have been there so that is also a blessing, for Candice and Mom. Our prayers have been diligent and my mom is so strong; mentally, spiritually and physically. My dad arrived home today so they will go to the doctor together tomorrow.
It was a crazy busy week back in school and all of our activities. It is fun being able to be "crafty" at work doing fun door decorations for the Kindergarten class! Ella finally gets to have her "fun lunches" again...at least a few times a week. I loved the quote about motherhood I found during the week. I need to stay more focused and grounded in my most important roll given to me by my Heavenly Father! There have been so many kids sick at school this week and ALL of us have been overly contaminated. Brayden was showing signs of sickness yesterday so he stayed home with Drew and I. Matt took Ella to Hay Springs for Morley's basketball game. I had Bountiful Baskets and stayed home. I am so happy to have produce back in the house! This morning Drew, Brayden and Ella said they weren't feeling well so Matt stayed home with them while Morley and I went to church. It was a great Sunday!
We've been incredibly blessed to have a good friend who keeps shooting a deer and then brings them to us. We weren't able to fill any of our tags this season. So far we have been given three which is filling our freezing nicely. We were OUT of ground meat and we use it so much. Brayden and Ella were great helpers with the last one. Matt and Brayden are working on another one right now....I am hiding.....


1 comment:
Your mom?! Oh sweetie. I hope the Drs can find a plan of treatment. Hugs.
Post a Comment