"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, July 1, 2013

COLOR DASH

While Matt and the boys were gone, Erica drove out from Denver to run a race with me in Scottsbluff.  Ella spent the day with the Haddocks while we headed out to the COLOR DASH.  Friday night we did make our race shirts, I LOVE how they turned out.  I should have bought my shirt one size smaller but oh well....
Race participants were encouraged to wear white so that when you were blasted with color it would show up.....

Here we are BEFORE the race.  All clean.  How about my BIG hair?  Yikes!  We weren't planning on wearing the bandannas we received in our race backpacks.....nice.  Ha ha!








The race was a 5k and Erica did AMAZING!  I did okay.  About a week before the race my knee started acting up again and I stopped running in fear of causing an injury.  I ran about 2.8 miles and walked 1/2 a mile.  It was fun and we were COVERED in different colors of paint by the end.  There were "color stations" along the way where people would throw color on you.  It was HOT and but a blast!

Before they sounded the horn to start running, they had everyone toss some of the colored powder in the air.  It was awesome!  Thanks to Ashes Images for capturing these pictures!



AFTER: 







After the race we were given a lunch from Subway and we were able to cool off.  Then....we had to go to JoAnn Fabrics and Walmart....covered in our paint.  Fun times.  On the way home picked up Ella and showered for what seemed like forever.  The paint didn't want to come off.  Erica had to go home so it was just Ella and I for the rest of the day.  Erica did give me another haircut....with bangs this time.  I love the new look and clean skin!  


Pin It!

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

What a fun idea for a race! Love the colorful outfits...thanks to chalk.

Erica said...

I love that you invited me out to run this race with you! I has the best time, but really love any time I get to spend with you. I loved our shirts and your super creative mind! Still liking your new cut? I always think you're beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...