When we got back from Idaho, we had a few sad pet situations. Brayden's big bull frog Moss escaped, Drew's Leopard frog Texas passed away and the next day Brayden's Leopard frog Jumper died. I missed Drew burying Texas but helped be bury Jumper. He was so sad to have both of his frogs gone. It was tender to watch him take so much care in the process.
Matt left to the ARCTIC CIRCLE two days after we arrived home for a fishing trip sponsored by Cabelas. That night I took the kids to see Despicable Me 2. It was a funny movie, better than the first I thought. We kept busy the 11 days Matt was gone. Bridgeport Lake was a nice escape two different days, Drew and Morley both worked, a lot of sewing in my studio, dental appointment for Ella and prepping for our trip to Washington. Brayden is becoming a pro at catching fish with just a line and hook. Both times at the last he caught multiple fish this way. The last day Drew worked we arrived a little early to pick him up and it was fun seeing him in action. He is a good worker and enjoyed it (except for the weed whacking part). He also caught another bull frog for Brayden his last day.....lucky kid! Brayden named him Spots. Wheat harvest is in full swing all around us. Grain trucks barreling down our road. It is so beautiful and I do love being surrounded by so many farming fields. Ella had to have another crown...on a tooth that should have been a small cavity back in October by the periodontist we went to in Scottsbluff. Not a happy girl or mom. Now she is happy. Ella like to sleep on Matt's side of the bed a few nights while it was empty. I was constantly in my studio sewing. I can't believe how crazy it has been and what a blessing it has been! In the last six weeks I have sewn 11 skirt/shirt outfits and 28 shirts. WOW! I have a few more on my list that can wait until after we arrive home from Washington. Matt arrived home last Friday night exhausted and full of surprises from his adventures up North. We sure missed him! Saturday we had Bountiful Baskets and did a few other jobs around the house. There is a leak in the hot tub. Matt found the issue and hopefully it is an inexpensive fix. At least it is all cleaned out and ready to be filled up with water. It feels great to have our family together and complete again!

1 comment:
I love how busy you guys are! Never a dull moment with your family. Enjoy the wedding!
Post a Comment