Saturday was amazing! We woke up early and headed over to BYU-I to do a Ropes Course together. We
were all a little cautious about the towering structure that we were going to climb. There were a few team building courses we had to complete before we could start climbing. I am proud to say that Drew, Brayden, Morley, Matt and I all made it to the TOP of the structure. Morley and Drew did it twice. Ella made it to the first platform and did amazing. It was nerve racking climbing that high and really KNOWING that you were safe. The only way down was to drop off the platform on the top and ride down on your harness. That was tough. It was empowering though and we would all do it again!
After that we had lunch at a Chinese restaurant with all 23 of us, chaos. Then we went to feed the fish at Warm River, which is a tradition. The fish love to eat the bread or whatever is thrown in the water. You are not allowed to wade, fish, or swim in the water.
Naturally we went bridge jumping after that. Yes, I jumped in all my clothes. I was unsure that I was going to so I didn't change my clothes when everyone else did. However....Haley wanted me to jump with her so up I went. I was freaked....but I did it 5 times. Drew and Brayden were jumping maniacs. It was fun and especially fun to do it with family.
Once we were all showered and cleaned up we had dinner which was so good. Then we went to Maddy's Rock as a family. Derek and Ellen buried their little girl in Rexburg that passed away shortly after she was born 10 years ago. It was a very spiritual, touching, peaceful and emotional time for the family. Ellen was so sweet and shared her experiences with us and bore her testimony about the Plan of Salvation. My boys were very touched and it affected them deeply. I am so happy were able to visit Maddy's rock with everyone and to have that memory with everyone.
Tom and Brenna came over for a bit after that then we said our good byes....but just for a little while. They are getting married in Seattle on July 27th. The Haley family then made our own Harlem Shake. Yes, yes we did. It is hilarious and for sure a family treasure. We stayed up late playing another version of Shane's game, it was fun to listen to the stories between the siblings.
We were up early and hit the road by 8 am. Rounds were made to say good bye's and promises of another reunion next year, hopefully in Nebraska. We LOVED spending so much time with family and doing some awesome activities. We love our family!!
After that we had lunch at a Chinese restaurant with all 23 of us, chaos. Then we went to feed the fish at Warm River, which is a tradition. The fish love to eat the bread or whatever is thrown in the water. You are not allowed to wade, fish, or swim in the water.
Naturally we went bridge jumping after that. Yes, I jumped in all my clothes. I was unsure that I was going to so I didn't change my clothes when everyone else did. However....Haley wanted me to jump with her so up I went. I was freaked....but I did it 5 times. Drew and Brayden were jumping maniacs. It was fun and especially fun to do it with family.
Once we were all showered and cleaned up we had dinner which was so good. Then we went to Maddy's Rock as a family. Derek and Ellen buried their little girl in Rexburg that passed away shortly after she was born 10 years ago. It was a very spiritual, touching, peaceful and emotional time for the family. Ellen was so sweet and shared her experiences with us and bore her testimony about the Plan of Salvation. My boys were very touched and it affected them deeply. I am so happy were able to visit Maddy's rock with everyone and to have that memory with everyone.
Tom and Brenna came over for a bit after that then we said our good byes....but just for a little while. They are getting married in Seattle on July 27th. The Haley family then made our own Harlem Shake. Yes, yes we did. It is hilarious and for sure a family treasure. We stayed up late playing another version of Shane's game, it was fun to listen to the stories between the siblings.
We were up early and hit the road by 8 am. Rounds were made to say good bye's and promises of another reunion next year, hopefully in Nebraska. We LOVED spending so much time with family and doing some awesome activities. We love our family!!










No comments:
Post a Comment