This last week is a blur to me! We have stayed so busy and it has been crazy and fun!
Tuesday we had Mia over to play all day and then Tuesday night I went to see Hunger Games with Jenni and Morley. I loved it! Thanks to Justin for letting Ella, Drew and Brayden hang out so I could have a night out!
We had a great night at scouts on Wednesday night working on their Scientist activity badge. I was a little nervous, slightly afraid that something would go wrong but we left safe and sound.
Thursday night I hosted a going away party for Amy. They have lived here for nearly 10 years I believe and they are moving to Omaha in a few weeks. We'll miss her!
L-R back row: Trissh, Sheila, Bert, Pam, AMY, Alaina, Carol, Barb, Madison with Myra May
front row: Jeremee, Betsy, me, Ashley holding London
What did we do Friday? I worked all day catching up on orders. I am so excited about these three outfits because they are partial payment for the TREADMILL I now have! A friend needed to sell one so we are trading! Yeah for me! THIS WEEK I will be using it, I have to! The kids and I had our regular Friday night pizza and a movie routine. They had pizza/soda/candy and I had a chicken breast and strawberries. We watched the new Chipmunks Shipwrecked.
Our weekend was wonderful! The kids lucked out that the house was still clean from the party Thursday night so we just relaxed and watched General Conference, made goodies for the Easter party in the afternoon and then watch another session of General Conference. Oh, it felt so good to hear wonderful talks!
We did a little decorating for Easter. I realized I REALLY need to update what I have, yikes! We do love our buckets though.
The kids also helped me make some rice krispie "nests" and a batch of FunFetti cake batter cookies.
Then we headed out to the Webb's for an Easter Egg hunt and BBQ. We had such a wonderful time!
After the BBQ, all the the men and young men left for the Priesthood session. I was so proud of Morley for wanting to go, even with Matt gone. He is such a great young man! Thank you Sam for taking him under your wing!
Before we could do that, Ella made her first ladybug home of the year. Before the end of the day she had found three little friends.
Such an inspiring General Conference weekend. I am so grateful for living prophets and inspired church leaders. There were so many talks about forgiveness, family, parenting, and missionary work. My favorite talk from today was by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He spoke about the spirit of contention, revenge and resentment and how destructive it can be. His counsel was to simply "STOP IT" We do not need to judge as no one is without sin. He quoted a bumper sticker, "don't judge me because I sin differently than you."
He said, "open your hearts to the love of Christ and the negative will fade. He is our example."
"We come together as one, speaking many languages, living in many lands, but all of one faith, and one doctrine, and one purpose." -President Thomas S. Monson
Wonderful, fun and spiritual weekend. We also skyped with Will and Val and Matt. So thankful for modern technology to help us stay so connected to family!
Ella. Oh my girl. That picture is funny for several reasons...
Jenni took this cool picture of Brayden
Sunday morning the kids had a yummy 'General Conference' breakfast. They filled their bellies before we settled in to feed our spirits.
Before we could do that, Ella made her first ladybug home of the year. Before the end of the day she had found three little friends.
We had some great worksheets, coloring pages, BINGO to keep the kids attention and focus on the special talks we were going to hear. I have seen this idea for years but never applied it to my family. I so wish I had, it made a HUGE difference for us.
Such an inspiring General Conference weekend. I am so grateful for living prophets and inspired church leaders. There were so many talks about forgiveness, family, parenting, and missionary work. My favorite talk from today was by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He spoke about the spirit of contention, revenge and resentment and how destructive it can be. His counsel was to simply "STOP IT" We do not need to judge as no one is without sin. He quoted a bumper sticker, "don't judge me because I sin differently than you."
He said, "open your hearts to the love of Christ and the negative will fade. He is our example."
"We come together as one, speaking many languages, living in many lands, but all of one faith, and one doctrine, and one purpose." -President Thomas S. Monson
Wonderful, fun and spiritual weekend. We also skyped with Will and Val and Matt. So thankful for modern technology to help us stay so connected to family!






4 comments:
You are such a wonderful mother, my dear. You do so much to create such fun memories for your family and to help them grasp the important principles of the Gospel. Love seeing the pictures as always.
What a wonderful time!!! (And I do believe that's Betsy on the front row next to you, not sheila. :D)
you make things so fun for your kids - what an awesome mother you are!!!
I need to step up my A-game next conference. Or...wait until the kids are older. A ladybug house? Sounds interesting. Loved conference too. You are simply the best.
Easter eggs hunts already? I love the pictures of everyone enjoying the outdoors...and dream of our chance to come. Your conference weekend sounds just perfect and what an uplifting one for sure.
Post a Comment