"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

a hunting we will go....

Saturday afternoon we participated in the Village of Dalton Egg Hunt.
The entire town may have been there, I mean we only have roughly 311 that live here!

It was fun and all the eggs were hard boiled, which was a little disappointing to the kids since we just did our own 54 of them!  However, each child received a raffle ticket which would earn them a prize if their number was called.  Brayden won a filled Easter basket and they all went home with a cup full of candy and a soda of their choice!  I also found out where the park was!  I need to get out of the house more and explore!


the little miss insisted on wearing her "Easter dress" to the egg hunt with her "still to big but SO CUTE" purple cowgirl boots.




B kept his cool pretty well even though he kind of thinks he is TOO big for "little kid egg hunts" now.


We came home and enjoyed our daddy time!  Oh we are so glad he is home! 

After the sun went down, it was time for our NIGHT TIME egg hunt!  This is something new for us this year, inspired by my brilliant friend, Jane!  Seriously, she has the best ideas!  I also decided to color code the eggs to match their baskets for more difficulty and make it more interesting!  I wasn't very clever and didn't leave a "note" or anything.  *note to change next year*

Thankfully the wind died down but the temperature also dropped we encouraged the kids to bundle up a bit.




They each had to find 34 eggs, including two that were glow-in-the-dark.  Again....thanks Jane for the inspiration!  I folded up a glow bracelet and added candy and a $1 bill.  They thought the glowing egg was pretty cool.   

There were some eggs that were not found.....until morning.


This will be something we do again next year!  The laughter and hollering of egg colors to each other and running around outside, in the dark, with flashlights made my heart happy!

*two tired girls*
 
Then the kids reminded me that the Easter Bunny still needed to hide all the cooked eggs....
Pin It!

4 comments:

Jenni Call said...

I need to remember about your hunt in the dark one Easter for next year! You are so cool.

Unknown said...

Super fun! I love the night egg hunt and the glow in the dark egg. Looks like your kids had TONS of fun! Ella looked so cute in her yellow dress and purple boots.

Candice said...

Man you just go all at it for the holidays lady! The kids have to love it soooo much, what a great mom you are!
Love the colored eggs, ours were so boring!

Her Royal Highness said...

You ARE so cool! I saw that pin of yours about Jane - I believe I pinned it, too - or else I just went to the blog. Regardless - that looks like it was an awesome night. I'll definitely have to start my prep a few days earlier next year and follow suit. That will be a fun memory for all of us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...