"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Sunday

The Easter Bunny did remember to hide the colored eggs and their baskets.  The kids almost couldn't find them out in the pasture.  As predicted, they also found more eggs from our night hunt!


It was pretty darn cold at 7 am so there was a lot of running and red noses.  They hustled inside and started digging through their goodies.


They ate some candy and then it was a race to get ready for church.  I was in a singing group for church so we had to be early....what's with singing for me?  I warned Keith that I really don't sing but they were desperate enough to keep me in the group. 
So...we were all ready, early and headed to church.  While in the car, and because I had everyone's undivided attention I read them President Monson's message in the April Ensign titled, "He is Risen, a Prophet's Testimony".  It was wonderful and opened up an opportunity for discussion about the resurrection of our Savior.  We've been discussing the real reason for Easter all week but they were more keen listening that morning.

Church was wonderful and full of the Spirit.  I was able to snag Jenni to take a family picture of us after church.  This is our best...


Then I really tried to get some fun ones of the kids....


and with Matt....
stinkers.

We had a quiet dinner with just our family: pork loin, cheese potatoes, salad and rolls.  Then we just had snuggle time and watch a movie together....and ate candy.

Easter is an opportunity for us to reflect on the resurrection of our Savior and what the means to each of us.  What an amazing blessing the atonement is in our lives. 
Take the time to watch this video

“With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again.”
~President Thomas S. Monson
Pin It!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll LOVE The Happiness Project. It's perfect to get some fire underneath one for inspiration and ideas. Angilee

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

The family (and you, my dear) is (are) beautiful as ever!!! Glad you had a very Happy Easter! Love you all.

Her Royal Highness said...

You never did say how your musical number went. what did you sing? Regardless, I'm sure it sounded beautiful.
Great family pics.

Jenni Call said...

Easter was awesome huh! You are so creative with your kids. I love all your inspiration (and Pinterest). LOL.

Darci said...

What a fun Easter! The property and room to run is amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...