Saturday was an amazing day for Brayden's baptism. The sun was shining, we had family who traveled long distances to support him and many friends who attended the special event.
This baptism was extra special because it was not just Brayden's baptism day, but SIX others were also baptized. One girl Brayden's age and five new members, all teenagers from the same family! Of course I cried while Matt baptized Brayden as I watched the sweet connected between father and son. Brayden adores his dad and it was a very special moment to witness that love and trust between them. When it came to the Swires' baptisms, I cried because I was so touched by the love this father had for his children as he baptized them. He made constant eye contact with them as he said the prayer and the Spirit was tangible in that small room. What an amazing experience to witness. Grandpa Haley and Pa gave wonderful talks on the ordinance of baptism and the Holy Ghost. We are so thankful for wonderful examples for our children and for their willingness to share their testimonies with us.
Before his baptism
Before his baptism
Family pictures after
we were very lucky to have my parents, Matt's parents, Vince and Kalee come to Nebraska to spend the wonderful weekend with us!
Our weather has been so wonderful we were able to BBQ, throw footballs and play baseball outside! Saturday night we had a family birthday/baptism celebration. I think he really liked having the whole week to be the center of attention!
Pa and Nana give the grand kids who are baptized the triple combination scriptures of the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. They always right a special note inside and it is something they will always cherish.
Grandma Haley makes each of her grandchildren a special baptism afghan. It is something really special that the grand kids look forward to receiving. Shame on me for not getting a picture of B with Grandma!
One of my favorite parts of the weekend was witnessing the special moments with grandparents and their grandchildren.
Ah, game time! We always played games growing up at home and my kids love it too! They played Apples to Apples and it was HILARIOUS to listen to all the rationalizing and manipulation. I might be in trouble with these kids, they things they were coming up with were so funny and creative! We also played Attack UNO and Wackee 6, we love card games!
I wish I could have been everywhere to capture the sweet moments that were happening all through the weekend. There were many moments where Morley and his grandfathers were just chatting and Pa spending time talking about genealogy with Drew. We were cooking, cleaning, laughing, eating and just enjoying our time together. I love family!!!
Before they left we had to take more group pictures...
Nana and Pa
Grandma and Grandpa Haley
the kids better behaved with their pictures with Grandma and Grandpa Haley. We only took four...instead of 35 that it took to get a "good" one with my parents. Weird. ha ha
Somehow we missed getting a group picture with Vince and Kalee, sorry!!!
Family, it is so important and we are so lucky to have them! Thank you for making the LONG trip all the way out to Nebraska to spend this special with Brayden! We love you! I know I have a little extra spring in my step and extra "umph" after their visit, thank you!
Pa and Nana give the grand kids who are baptized the triple combination scriptures of the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. They always right a special note inside and it is something they will always cherish.
Grandma Haley makes each of her grandchildren a special baptism afghan. It is something really special that the grand kids look forward to receiving. Shame on me for not getting a picture of B with Grandma!
One of my favorite parts of the weekend was witnessing the special moments with grandparents and their grandchildren.
Ella LOVED this time with Grandma Haley! They sat together for a very long time talking and working with the yarn.
Ella is intrigued by our piano. Nana remembers more notes than I do and they had a fun time making up their own songs.
Ah, game time! We always played games growing up at home and my kids love it too! They played Apples to Apples and it was HILARIOUS to listen to all the rationalizing and manipulation. I might be in trouble with these kids, they things they were coming up with were so funny and creative! We also played Attack UNO and Wackee 6, we love card games!
I wish I could have been everywhere to capture the sweet moments that were happening all through the weekend. There were many moments where Morley and his grandfathers were just chatting and Pa spending time talking about genealogy with Drew. We were cooking, cleaning, laughing, eating and just enjoying our time together. I love family!!!
Before they left we had to take more group pictures...
Nana and Pa
what a bunch of goof balls!
I think my parents are pretty great!
Grandma and Grandpa Haley
the kids better behaved with their pictures with Grandma and Grandpa Haley. We only took four...instead of 35 that it took to get a "good" one with my parents. Weird. ha ha
Somehow we missed getting a group picture with Vince and Kalee, sorry!!!
Family, it is so important and we are so lucky to have them! Thank you for making the LONG trip all the way out to Nebraska to spend this special with Brayden! We love you! I know I have a little extra spring in my step and extra "umph" after their visit, thank you!

4 comments:
It looks like you had the perfect birthday/baptism week! Wish we could've been there!
P.S. Ella's darling littl bo peep-esque tights? LOVE THEM!
What great pictures, Ali! I'm so glad you all had such a great weekend. Love and miss you all!
Sorry we had to break the record and miss it. Looked amazing! Congrats B!
Sigh! So awesome. That day will be long remembered in my memory. Your family visit looked amazing. Glad you enjoyed it! Now go take a nap.
Post a Comment