"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, March 22, 2012

the celebration

It may be our new "tradition" to do gifts bright and early in the morning on birthdays.  Brayden woke up extra early to start celebrating his birthday!  We opened gifts while his special breakfast finished baking in the oven.  He was so excited and still a little sleepy-eyed.


He is loving Legos...again.  There is a new "series" of Legos called Ninjago that have the boys creating and building nonstop!   He was thrilled when he opened several sets!


Brayden requested breakfast casserole cupcakes for breakfast.
DONE!

*maybe I need to invest in "birthday plates" instead of just cheap paper ones...*



He wanted "fish" cupcakes and cake for his special day.  We came up with these for his class treats...

and this for his birthday cake.  With no picture to follow we just used our imagination.  We used cake pieces for the head, tail and fins and M&M's for the "scales".  He loved it and that is all that matters.


If you have a fish cake....you have to have "water" as the frosting.  Thank goodness for a awesome frosting recipe that worked great for water!
 We wouldn't be all together again at home until after bedtime so we met up for dinner in Sidney.  Brayden had his choice of restaurants.  He picked Dudes (a expensive steakhouse)...I asked him to choose again.  McDonald's was his answer.  Oye....
So, that is where we had his birthday dinner.  Crown+Happy Meal = happy boy!  We even had our cake there after dinner!


I rushed off to a haircut after dinner while Matt took the boys to their scout meeting and then he had a basketball game.  I picked Morley up from basketball practice and the boys from scouts after my haircut and headed home.  The boys played with the Legos until I had to drag them to bed, tired and excited from a full and busy day!  Matt ended up having two games and didn't get home until around 10:30.

We sure love our Brayden and so happy we could spend the day celebrating him!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love his excitement over the gifts! Happy Birthday! The cake looks fabulous - great frosting. And so great that you had family to come celebrate with you. It is great to be eight!

Jenni Call said...

Awesome birthday! Happy birthday! Great job on the cake and cupcakes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...