"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BRAYDEN is 8


I told Brayden today that I wasn't going to wake him up tomorrow so he could just sleep through the day and miss his birthday.  When he asked why I told him so he could stay seven forever.  Eight years seem to have whizzed right by leaving us wondering where all the time has gone.  Our little man was just six weeks old when we moved from Washington to Nebraska and now he is eight.  He still likes to do things on his own terms...he was nine days late and 9 pounds 10 ounces AND 22 inches long. 

One years old


2 years old


 4 years old

5 years old


6 years old


Our Brayden is a pretty amazing kid and we love him so much.  He and I had fun today taking our traditional birthday pictures.  I love his smile!


the sun was so bright, he couldn't keep his eyes open!


He thought his goofy faces were pretty hilarious...


but man, when I captured his sweet smile, my heart melted.

and those lashes and freckles, I love them.







8 things we love about Brayden

1.  We love your smile
2.  and your freckles
3.  and also your long eyelashes
4.  We love your giggle when you get excited
5.  and we love your snuggles
6.  We love your curiosity and love of the outdoors
7.  We love to watch you interact with your siblings (when you're not fighting)
8.  We love your sensitivity and your love for your family

Happy 8th Birthday Brayden!  We are so proud of you and we are so lucky to be your parents!

*this is my favorite picture together with Brayden.  Taken in 2008*
Pin It!

5 comments:

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

Crazy to think that you've been in Nebraska almost 8 years!! Happy Birthday, Braden! We wish we could be there for the baptism! :(

Darci said...

Happy Birthday Brayden! We hope to see you soon. Great pictures...he has an adorable smile.

Joanne said...

Yes, eight years has flown by. We wish you were still only three hours away in Vancouver. He is a very handsome boy and we're excited to see him (and the rest of the family in only TWO days). Nice job on the pictures.

Jenni Call said...

He is one handsome boy. Happy birthday Brayden! I hope his day was amazing. You do a great job celebrating birthdays.

Valori I. Perry said...

Happy Belated Birthday Brayden! I can't believe I didn't call! I'm such a brain donor when I travel. We'd love to skype sometime soon and tell him happy bday "in person". Let us know when you have a second!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...