"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

a week full of fun

Our niece Haley has wanted to come and visit us since last summer it was finally able to happen!  Her brave parents put her on a plane and we picked her up at the Denver airport!  Drew, Brayden and Ella were excited to have the opportunity to see the airplanes up close and ride the "train" at the airport.  Since Haley was an unaccompanied minor, we had special clearance to go clear to the gate to pick her up...ticketing, security, train, the whole deal.  Thankfully TSA was kind, I think they knew better than to frisk a mom with three small kids!

We were so excited to pick her up and start our week of fun!

on the "subway" back to baggage claim

I had to do a little bit of shopping at a few craft stores.  The kids made the best of the situation by trying on silly hats and playing with the toys.


I bought eight pairs of boots (for $60) from a guy in Denver and we picked them up on our way home.  Haley bought her own pair and she LOVES them!  Her dad was not to happy that his "city girl" had a pair but she rocked them!


During our three hour drive home from the airport Haley was our DJ...there was a little too much Justin Bieber blasting over my speakers.



We did watch the Never Say Never movie, it was better than I thought it would be.  Matt was glad that he wasn't home. 


It was SO hot the entire week, over 100 degrees each day.  We tried to stay cool by playing in the sprinklers, our little pool and we also worked on our tan.



Our city pool offered great relief and we also ventured to a nearby town to play at their water park.

We continued to house hunt and enjoyed a family scout party.  There was a mud pit that the kids dug around in trying to find $50...come to find out at the end that it might have been just 50 cents.  ha ha  It was fun to watch them play and get filthy!

Our new shingles were delivered and we had three of our inspections completed.

Matt and Drew left on a camp out on Wednesday so the house felt really empty with Morley also gone at another scout camp.  After the kids went to bed, Haley and I stayed up several night and watched chick flicks and one night also gave ourselves pedicures.



The elephant was a hit at Cabelas and we had to make our Wal*Mart trip interesting.




Our big plan for the week was to take Haley horseback riding at the ranch.  It didn't work out for us to go riding together but she had the chance to ride Si.  Ella was a big helper and enjoyed "holding Si" for me.


I don't think that smile left Haley's face the entire day even though we nearly melted in the 104 degree heat.


We found two turtles on the drive to the ranch and then seven toads.  Brayden had a special attachment to this toad, it was pretty cute.  He sat there for the longest time with the turtle next to him, like to best friends just hanging out for the afternoon.


Haley was having a blast with her country experience.


You don't see these gorgeous wheat fields in the city!



While Brayden played at a friends on Friday the girls took walk over to Book and Coffee corner for some delightful cool drinks! 


Her trip wouldn't be complete without doing a little bit of crafting with Auntie Ali!  We made beaded watches together and I of course really enjoyed it!


Saturday morning we headed back to Denver.  There were SO many long lines and people there that morning, I am so glad we left extra early!  Ella and Brayden were fascinated with the planes.


Our week was amazing and we are so thankful she wanted to come and visit us!  We only get to see our family a few times a year and when we do there is very little individual time!  I will always remember Haley's visit and the time she and I were able to spend together!  She is an amazing girl and I feel lucky to be her auntie!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Wowzer! What an amazing time!

Darci said...

How exciting! Haley will remember that trip too. You guys are so fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...