Before we picked up Haley from the airport, we had the opportunity to attend Bryce's baptism near Denver. He was so handsome in his little suit and his smile was contagious!
Brayden was so excited to watch Bryce and instantly started talking about his baptism that will happen in March. We have been friends with Kris and Robb for nearly 14 years and I think we have attended almost every single baby blessing/baptism/temple sealing over the years! We adore them!
I was so happy to see some of my favorite ladies too!
We didn't have time to visit long that day but decided to get together again the next Saturday when I had to bring Haley back to Denver to catch her plane.
Kris was in charge of a Pioneer Day celebration for her ward and she invited us! I am so glad we went and the kids had a great time!
Brayden won a "pie eating" contest
*pardon the phone pictures*
handcart races
a lot of food
and three legged races. The first time Brayden and Bryce tried it, they fell all over each other. I shared with them the secret to make it work and then they were champs! I am so thankful for the pioneers and their sacrifices as they crossed the plains. It was emotional for me a few times as I remembered the experiences I had with Matt five years ago when we attended Trek with our youth from church at Martin's Cove.
After the festivites, I dropped the kids off at Erica's so her sweet husband could babysit while the girls went out to dessert. They chose Mimi's Cafe...and it was delicious! Our intention was just dessert...but we also had bread and appetizers and I had a brownie that was as big as my head. We laughed and ate and just enjoyed hanging out! Thanks Shannon, Erica and Kris for spending your evening with me! I finally headed home around 10 pm...and didn't walk in the door until 1:30 am, Brayden and Ella were asleep before I even hit the freeway! We all had a long day but it was so much fun!
When is our next night out girls...and why didn't we take a picture with Christian? Was that his name?









3 comments:
Wish I could have been there! I am so glad you make it to all the baby blessings/ baptisms that I wish I could get to. Thanks for representin' the USU bunch! Love our friends!
I'm so glad you came and we got the chance to hang out! I love my friends and all the laughter- it does me good!!
Poor Christian, yes I think we scared him...LOL. So innocent and sweet...not like us at all. It was fun! Such a great couple of weekends.
Post a Comment