I remember when New Year's Eve was a night to go out.
To dress up, go dancing, kiss your love at midnight
and be with all of your friends.
With the "blizzard outside on New Year's Eve,
the town was shut down, except for Wal Mart.
Hobbes braved the elements and hung out with us
most of the day. He and Matt even ventured out to
Wal Mart...to get the party snacks.
Ella has a great time with Hobbes,
and I think Hobbes enjoys the attention from Ella.
He was a sport and let her put headbands and "pretties"
in his hair. Read him stories and played 20 questions.
We played games, the Wii and watched some "wilderness experiment" series.
Too much "bad" food was consumed but oh, did it taste good.
The boys consumed large amounts of
as they came in from the insane snow storm to warm up...
go back outside...
come back in...
go back...you get the picture.
We rang in the new year quietly with
Ella asleep,
Morley reading a book,
Drew and Brayden playing the Wii,
Matt playing games on his iTouch
and Me...asleep on the couch.
I remember when we used to be fun.
I love that all of the boys were able to outlast me
while waiting for midnight to strike.
I love that it was FUN to be just hanging with my family
while snowed in and having a great time together.
Happy New Year!


4 comments:
That's my kind of New Year's Eve. Yes, long gone are the days of looking forward to getting dressed-up and heading out! Call me boring, but I much prefer them this way. Happy 2011 to you!
I like your way of celebrating! :) No obnoxious banging of pots and pans...!? Happy New Year!
Fun...fun...yeah the word is ringing a bell but I can't quite place any specific memories to it? Its all a bit fuzzy before 9 years ago. ;)
Happy New Year!
Hobbes looks so purty! I also love the look of concentration on Ella's little face. Happy New Years!!!!
Post a Comment