I've been searching for a "word of the year" that will influence my goals and my desire to accomplish those goals. I've heard create, discover, dream, imagine, cultivate, dare, stability and BELIEVE. The last one totally spoke to me. Have you ever had that happen before? When I think of the word BELIEVE...I think of
confidence, faith, hard work, strength and choices.
confidence, faith, hard work, strength and choices.
2011 is going to be a fantastic year, I can feel it!
BELIEVE!!!
This year our family has many goals...some are:
* read the Book of Mormon as a family and individually
* sell our house
* get completely out of debt, except for a house payment.
* buy a new home, on acreage
* take a vacation with ONLY Matt and I
Individually, I have many...for example and in no particular order
* continue my journey to be more healthy
* reach my healthy goal weight and maintain
(now that I know why I couldn't do it last year!)
* spend individual time with my kids
* more dates with my man
* individual prayer and scripture study
* be more optimistic
* be a better wife, mom, friend, sister and daughter
* complete six races
* complete one IRON GIRL with friends
.....
If someone told you, " I believe in you"...
how would it make you feel?
AWESOME, right?
Why can't we tell ourselves that?
We don't have to wait for someone else to BELIEVE in us.
Find the inner strength to BELIEVE in yourself
and I know that amazing things can happen.
That is my word for the year.
BELIEVE!
BELIEVE it can happen. BELIEVE anything can happen.
Believing IS achieving!
This year our family has many goals...some are:
* read the Book of Mormon as a family and individually
* sell our house
* get completely out of debt, except for a house payment.
* buy a new home, on acreage
* take a vacation with ONLY Matt and I
Individually, I have many...for example and in no particular order
* continue my journey to be more healthy
* reach my healthy goal weight and maintain
(now that I know why I couldn't do it last year!)
* spend individual time with my kids
* more dates with my man
* individual prayer and scripture study
* be more optimistic
* be a better wife, mom, friend, sister and daughter
* complete six races
* complete one IRON GIRL with friends
.....
If someone told you, " I believe in you"...
how would it make you feel?
AWESOME, right?
Why can't we tell ourselves that?
We don't have to wait for someone else to BELIEVE in us.
Find the inner strength to BELIEVE in yourself
and I know that amazing things can happen.
That is my word for the year.
BELIEVE!
BELIEVE it can happen. BELIEVE anything can happen.
Believing IS achieving!
10 comments:
You are so correct... so much of what you said reminds me of the Elders' talk there in Sidney about Divine Expectations. Our Father in Heaven knows what we are capable of... why can't we seem to see the same thing? When we develop divine expectations of ourselves and those around us, MARVELOUS things happen! We must BELIEVE we can achieve our goals! Thank you for your post!
I love it! Believing is powerful.
Best of luck, m'dear! *hugs*
Love it! Believe is a great word! Good luck with all your goals!
Ahhhh! Believe! That alone is an excellent goal. Please let us help you out for a Matt and Ali vacation. We'd love to have a crazy time with your kids and mine. Thank you so much for yesterday's R&R. It was blessedly needed.
Thanks for your post, Ali. Believing in ourselves in so important. I love that you came up with a word for you to focus on this year. Believing really is the first step in achieving. Love it ... and you! Mom
Also, I noticed recently that "I Believe" is the church's YW theme for the year!
By the way, you mentioned a goal of taking a vacation with just you and Matt... you plan to make that one to Diamond, OR, right? ;) Of course, after the one where you bring the kids too.
Can I just tell you that I love it?! It gives me a lot to think about.
I do believe in you Ali. Always have. :)
omgosh ali! I loved checking through your blog and it's funny i totally feel like i know you! ha
we are so much alike. Love your goals, and love that you are a runner!! You so need to move out here to utah! are you?
So your the amazing sewing friend to "one stitch at a time?" I love that!
thanks for commenting, now i can check in on your life. haha
xxoo
I believe in you and I believe in your goals....Dad
Post a Comment