"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, January 14, 2011

fly fishing boy


Morley had the opportunity to go to a Fly Fishing convention in Denver with Matt last weekend.  He missed school, stayed in a hotel, ate at yummy restaurants, and enjoyed the privilege of maturing.

He LOVES fly fishing and really is walking in his dad's shadow.  At the convention, he was able to learn different fly tying techniques, casting methods, climb a rock wall and just be a "kid in a candy store".  All of those things also apply to Matt!!  They are two peas in a pod and I love that they have this passion to share.






Morley is growing up much too quickly.  He will be TWELVE in just a few months.  Morley is such a wonderful son!  He is sensitive, smart, funny and quick witted.  He has a testimony of the gospel and even though it is not always easy to stand up for what he believes, he does it on a daily basis.  Morley is strong and loyal and enjoys being with his family-most of the time.  We are so blessed to have him as our son!

and...I must say so that we don't forget...he did NOT want to go.  He and a friend had made other plans for Friday night/Saturday.  Our family has a "rule" that we don't do sleepovers...we just don't.  Morley knows this, we've discussed it MANY times, but his heart was just set on it.  There was a total meltdown, but after about an hour...he decided he did want to go with his dad.  It was one of those moments where he knows what he should do but then there is what he really wants to do.  I remember those choices being so hard and I'm glad he chose to go with his dad.  Teaching moments can be heart wrenching and so emotional.  Man, I love that kid!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Darci said...

Matt must be thrilled about sharing this hobby and interest with Morley. So fun!

Jenni Call said...

He is growing up! He has so many varied interests. Stick to those "no sleepover" guns.

me said...

Goodness, he looks just miserable. ;) I'm so glad Matt has a fishing buddy and that the boys had a good trip!

Joanne said...

He'll remember that weekend for a long time. They both will. Good decision, Mo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...