Mr. Morley has braces now.
His appointment was at 8:00 am, so they had to leave our house at 6:30 am.
Yes...it is that far to the orthodontist we chose.
Thankfully, the Dr. comes to our town for the follow-up visits.
He was VERY nervous for his appointment and afraid of the potential pain he was going to endure.
Morley was brave and very tough, from the reports I hear.
BEFORE braces
DURING
he's such a goof, and I LOVE it!
handsome smile AFTER with braces
he chose blue and white bands for...
BYU
Morley said the taste of the molds they took nearly made him gag
and his jaw was REALLY sore after keeping his mouth open so long.
We only had his top braces put on right now as we wait for the top to straighten out a bit.
Hopefully before his next appointment, two more top teeth will have come out on their own...or they'll have to be pulled. He also has the joy of wearing head gear...that he'll receive at his next appointment. I think at that time they'll also put the bottom braces on....and keep them on for TWO years!
Morley talks a little funny. He smiles a little goofy and eats like a little bird. I'm sure all of that will go away as he gets used to everything and when his teeth don't hurt so much!
After his appointment, Morley and Matt went ice fishing in the sand hills with our
friends and had a great time! It was a memorable day for father and son.
I'm not sure his dad and I like how much older he looks.
It's a right of passage, right?
Our little guy is growing up, fast!
7 comments:
I feel your pain, Morley. My braces have been on for almost a year. We are going to be spending a fortune in orthodontics over the next few years! He does look more grown-up with them on.
Rite of passage indeed! He does look pretty good with braces. Hope those teeth feel a little more comfortable sooner rather than later.
We think you look pretty sharp with braces. Mine were on in 6th grade and I had to wear them for two years also. The soft wax was came in handy for the sore spots. Enjoy your modified eating habits Mo! The end result is worth it.
Hey Mo,your new smile is very handsome. I'm glad you didn't gag on the mold gunk. That stuff is awful. Don't give your mom too much of a break on the food. I hope you get back to your old eating your folks out of the house. It's your duty! I remember well having braces, the end result really is worth it. No pain, no gain, right?! Love ya, Nana
Seriously who are you...you are getting so OLD and getting to do all those fun things, like getting braces! Congrats, it'll make you all the more cute for the girls :)
Love ya!
Awww... I can't believe all our kids are getting braces! He does look so much older! I also can't believe what a great poser he is for your pics... I can just see his sweet personality shining through in the photos! LOVE it!
Nice braces Morley! You look like a champ.
Post a Comment