"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

our last few days in WA

Friday was a day packed with so much fun and a lot of sun!  We went to a great "family fun center" for my nieces "birthday celebration" and it was awesome!  There were activities for all the kids, and adults!  It was just me, Darci and my mom with the six kids and it worked out perfectly.  I stayed with the older kids most of the time while Nana had fun with the younger ones. 

I had a great time watching everyone on these bumper boats!  On the second round...my mom was nearly soaked from her dear grandsons.  Oops!


then the kids wanted to try the bungee jump thing.  I have no idea what it is really called, sorry.  Basically they harnessed you in and you just jumped on the trampoline as high as you could go.  I really wanted the boys to do flips but they just wanted to jump.  It was great fun to watch them, especially the joy on their faces as they soared through the air.  Morley, Drew, Brayden and Cassidy had a great time!




We couldn't leave without doing the go-carts.  Drew wasn't tall enough to drive his own car and he was pretty bummed he had to ride with mom.  As soon as he realized how fast we could go...he wouldn't stop smiling.  I wanted to do that "ride" twice...



Nana took the smaller kids on the mini go-carts and they were all smiles!


Mom and I had to have a snowmobile race.  I lost.  Bad.  I blame it on Ella trying to control my driving...

and a little silly sister time in the photo booth...


Matt FINALLY flew in Friday night!  It was so great to see him again after 13 days!! 

Saturday was just a "hang out by the pool" kind of day!  I think the temperature outside was around 98 degrees (very rare for the NW) and the pool was 83 degrees...WONDERFUL!!!  My dad is a whole new man after his incredible weightloss...and this just shows how much more energy he has now...


Ella LOVED her new goggles that Pa gave her.


and our one family photo from the vacation...with the entire family!



Saturday evening we had Cassidy's "party" with gifts and cupcakes.  Auntie Ali had been busy all week trying to get her birthday outfits finished!  The middle lollipop outfit was her gift from me and Nana.  The lady bug one was a big hit and I am in love with the fall outfit!  I have enough fabric left to make Ella the same skirt!!!


Here is the cute birthday girl!


We said our sad goodbye's to my sister and her little family!  I took comfort in knowing that I'll see them again in October!  We stayed up late packing...I don't like packing!  We packed very light on the way there because we knew that we would be bringing much more home with us!
* TWO saddles
* tack boxes
* two saddle pad
* school clothes
* school supplies....
* TWO BIKES & a bike rack


We left on schedule on Sunday with Boise as our destination for our "mid-way" break.  The same family we stayed with on the way to WA welcomed us back and we were so grateful!  Monday morning we were on the road by 4:30 AM and back home in Nebraska by 7:00 PM.  We hurry and unloaded all of our gear...and then went out to Greg & Maleia's for a great FHE BBQ!  It was great to be around our friends again but also sad to be home after such a great time with family!

The boys have decided that we will be doing that trip again next year...and the year after that...and the year after that.  That is a lot of lawns that will need to be mowed. 
Pin It!

7 comments:

Lori Davis said...

Such a fun trip! I love seeing the car on the ride home... no greater pic than that. Scott and I always just laugh at ourselves as we load it all up and head out on the road.

Jenni Call said...

What cute outfits! Lucky niece! Amazing, delightful! Love it all.

Darci said...

Ah, the outfits - HUGE hits! A woman at the grocery store was admiring the lady bug outfit just today.
You left with two bikes too? Way to go. It is great to know I'll see you next month.

Darci said...

Now the post is complete - I LOVE our photo booth pictures! Miss you already.

Joanne said...

Tears are flowing as I read that the boys want to come back eash year. Let's make that happen! We had such a great time with all of you. Love you so much! Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe how much you all did over that period of time!
Looks like it was such a fun trip!

I hope that's not MY saddle in the back with yours! :)

Anonymous said...

Cassidy looking hotttttt happy birthday, get you out of that cute dress pull off your knickers suck your clit and lick your p-ssy until you flood my face, get you on your hands and knees lots of lube and slip deep in your sweet tight bummmmmmmmmmmmmm bet your bum will feel sooooo good,like to c-m in your p-ssy but you are too young, take your knickers to smell your p-ssy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...