"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Washington ** days 5 & 6

So...after being in the car a total of 28 hours...we pulled into my parents driveway.  Exhausted from being in the darn car, eating too much junk food, watching too many movies and hearing "how much longer"?  We arrived before my sister Darci got there, which worked out great.  The car was unloaded and the kids were getting their wiggles out for an hour or so.  We splurged on a big dinner of corn dogs...in the oven.  The microwave is my cooking method of choice at home.  The kids stayed up until my dad came home from work and then off to bed they went.  I'm pretty sure Darci and I were up until after 1:00 am...but I can't remember.

Wednesday we slept in and had delicious cereal for breakfast.  I LOVED waking up to this...


 I'm pretty sure the kids were in the pool before lunch.  My parents have a sport court and outdoor pool and it has been heaven for the kids...and me!  We had many hours of fun in the water and sun. 








I worked on my tan by mowing their ginormous lawn...with a riding lawn mower.  Yes...I want one.  Dinner was grilled cheese sandwiches...I know...we're all about the gourmet meals!  Darci tried to get my kids to eat cucumbers...which Brayden did.  They LOVE carrots and broccoli...but not cucumbers so much. 

Thursday was another beautiful day so we decided to go to the river.  They have the north fork and the south fork of the Snoqualmie River less and a mile from their house.  Lucky.  We loaded up after lunch for more fun outdoors.  Darci's little guy woke up not feeling well...but he wasn't about to be left behind. 


Can you believe the density beauty of this trail to the river?



Morley and Drew were trying to see who would push who into the water first.  I think Drew just dunked himself after a few minutes.




Brayden and Cassidy have been inseparable.



The boys had a great time searching for the perfect skipping rock and then decided they wanted to crush rocks.  They found big flat rocks to use as "tables" and then fist size "hammer" rocks to break the small flatter rocks.  They were breaking rocks and having a lot of fun examining them.





and we couldn't leave without a picture of me and the kids.


We hurried home from the river inhaled some dinner and put the little kiddos to bed.  Darci, Brayden, Cassidy and I then took off to the airport to pick my mom up.  She was in Utah helping my sister Candice with her new little baby boy, Riley.  We did some quick but necessary shopping at Jo Ann Fabrics and Target before getting back to the house around 10:00.  It was a long and busy day and so much fun!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Mackay Family said...

I have never been to your parents house and these pictures make me want to go there. The scenery is all so beautiful! The river looks like tons of fun too.

Jenni Call said...

Ha ha! I had to laugh at the necessary fabric stop. It is necessary! The pool looks inviting. I think you need a riding mower for your lawn too.

Sarah J. said...

Love, love, love this last picture!

Darci said...

We loved spending time with you and enjoying the beautiful outdoors. Nice work picking photos from the many on the camera.

me said...

Gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...