The Seattle Skyline
An outing to Seattle to take a ferry ride was unavoidable. The day we chose to do it was overcast and a little chilly. My mom was brave and ventured out the kids and I. It has been a long time since I have navigated the streets of downtown Seattle...I was a little nervous! What has small town life done to me? We rode the ferry to Bainbridge Island which is about a 45 minute ride one way. The kids had fun going outside and watching the waves crash on the boat and comparing the size of our ferry to the little sail boats they saw. It was very windy so we spend most of the ride inside drinking hot cocoa.
my mom with the kids on the way back to the dock. Ella is clearly done with the adventure!
The kids wanted to see the crazy things inside of The Ol' Curiosity Shop. They even had their fortune read like in the movie "Big".
And...we couldn't pass up the chance to eat at Ivar's! My mouth was watering as we waited for our Fish & Chips baskets. The seagulls were EVERYWHERE and for good reason! EVERYONE was feeding them the french fries! The boys were dying to try it...and it was so much fun, and scary!
Brayden was very brave! The bird did take it from his fingers!
I love Drew's face in this picture! He was so surprised it happened! You can see the fry in the seagulls mouth on the right of the picture.
Ella just HAD to try too. She was pretty scared and curious. While we were trying to feed this one, another one swooped down and hit our heads with its wings! We both totally screamed!
This bird just grabbed it out of Morley's had while on the rail! Very gutsy birds, I tell ya!
Ella playing around the artwork at the Locks
Then, we ventured to the Ballard Locks. The salmon were jumping the ladders and we wanted to see them in action! Unfortunately...I think early evening is NOT the best time to see them. There were about six and they were big. There were also of really cool boats and ships passing through the locks. It was fun to see them up close.
The rush hour traffic was not fun and the kids were tired and kind of naughty. However, we did have a fantastic day together! It was a wonderful way to spend a gloomy Monday!







4 comments:
Wow! That skyline is gorgeous. I am glad you made so many memories.
Gorgeous! What a fun adventure!
I have fond memories of fish-n-chips from Scotland...I imagine a place with fresh fish is just as good. I shall try it someday. :)
Tired and cranky after a busy day - nah! :) Experiencing Seattle is a must when you've been away for so long.
I think it's funny that you think I was brave to venture out with you and the kids. I loved every minute of it. A ferry ride seems to be a tradition when one of you girls comes home for a visit. It's one of those must-do adventures. I was kind of bummed that we didn't see more salmon at the locks. We packed quite a bit in the time you were here. I hope it won't be five years before all the kids come back for a visit!
Post a Comment