Tuesday afternoon I had the chance to meet up with some old friends for lunch in Bellevue! It has been a LONG time since we have seen each other and it was so much fun! We sat in Red Robin for over two hours just catching up and having a great time! I was sad to say good bye to these awesome ladies. This is why I love blogging...to keep in touch with your dear friends and family!
Sara V., Sarah J., ME, T.D., and Rita
While I was away with no kiddos I finished up the kids school supply shopping. Man...they needed a lot of stuff! Later that evening, I had dinner with my dad at a fun restaurant in their town with live jazz music! At times it was hard to have a conversation because it was loud but I enjoyed my dinner with my dad very much. It was great to have a discussion with out the interruptions and just "talk". It was a great evening!
When the sun finally started to "go sleepy" the boys were able to go "night swimming" in the pool. They had a grand ol' time and it brought back a lot of memories for me, swimming with my siblings after dark!
Wednesday morning the kids and I headed out to my sister's house. She lives only an hour away from my parents, which is awesome!! We saw a lot of her and the kiddos!!! We played at a park close by, the kids found baby snails, picked fresh blackberries, planted flowers and rested in the hammock.

Our best faces...
okay...this is better I guess.
that's my girl!
My mom was amazing and offered to take all of my kids back to her house so I could have a night with Darci!! YEAH! We met her half way and swapped her truck for my van full of kids! Pretty fair trade, right? So, off Darci and I went kid free and with a spring in our step. Quiznos in the truck for dinner as we headed out to go shopping. We hit Kohl's and Ben Frankin. Darci scored some sweet deals while I on the other hand ended up putting everything back reluctantly. I did buy and OTSBH (girls can you figure that one out)? In Ben Franklin I found some gorgeous turquoise beads to make a necklace for a special friend. We stayed up until 3:00 am talking, laughing, sewing and who knows what. I did score a sweet silver purse from my dear sister that I LOVE! She also had a gorgeous yellow one I wanted but she couldn't be swayed into giving me that one!
Thursday morning we woke up and slowly got ready to head back to my parent's home to hang out in the pool and later pick blueberries. While the kids were swimming, I finally pulled my saddle out the barn. Man, was it a dirty, dusty mess! It cleaned up beautifully!
After dinner we went blueberry picking at a beautiful patch just a half mile away. We arrived just before closing time so we had to hurry and pick all the berries we could. It was hard to put them in the buckets, they were SO yummy!
Thursday morning we woke up and slowly got ready to head back to my parent's home to hang out in the pool and later pick blueberries. While the kids were swimming, I finally pulled my saddle out the barn. Man, was it a dirty, dusty mess! It cleaned up beautifully!
After dinner we went blueberry picking at a beautiful patch just a half mile away. We arrived just before closing time so we had to hurry and pick all the berries we could. It was hard to put them in the buckets, they were SO yummy!
In the end we picked 9.75 pounds for only $16.00!!! Ella was pretty mad that she didn't get to keep her own bucket with HER berries in it. Can you tell? And of course, the view wasn't too bad either as we picked the berries!
here is miss Ella Bella in all of her silly glory! Apparently she found all the beads then had to find her hat to be pretty! What a goofball!
Phew, what a great few days! Only a few more glorious days of vacation left!


5 comments:
Yep doesn't look like you had any fun at all. OTSBH...lol. Everyone needs a few good ones. And that picture of you with the buckets with the mountain in the back...AMAZING!
Hopefully visits like this can happen more often. We had such a great time with you and the kids. Our sister time is much too limited these days. Shoppping for certain essentials is a must. It took me a minute. :)
I don't get OTSBH, course most texting language confounds me too. I am in love with the blueberry picking site. Ummm, perfection?! Ella's mad face makes me laugh. Love that you got some alone time with friends and your sister.
It was so fun to go and do so much with all of you. The blueberries are almost gone! Ella was pretty funny that day. I couldn't get Dad to go pick more yesterday! I had to have Darci remind me of the OTSBH ... wasn't that from Julie DeShazer?
Now THIS is a vacation I could have gotten into...*jealous*!!! :D
Post a Comment