The church owns property east of the mountains, about 45 minutes away from my home town. Growing up I would go to "Girls Camp" with hundreds of other girls for a week and have an amazing spiritual and fun experience. My mom was just there for a week...for the 16th year. We can't believe she is going! She loves it so much, she wanted to share it with the kids. The weather was pretty drizzly so we just packed extra clothes to stay warm and our swimsuits...just in case it warmed up.
We drove around the property a little bit, going in and out of the different "camps". I had a fun time telling the kids what parts of camp I liked the best and little memories here and there. At one point walking on the trails, the smells brought back vivid memories of my experiences there. We packed our lunch and made mini bagel sandwiches, chicken salads, watermelon, grapes and yogurt. BUT...we forgot to pack the utensils. Ella tried to eat her yogurt with a stick...stem of the grapes...and her finger. None of which worked very well...and we just threw the whole thing away. Then Nana let the kids decorate their own cupcakes...trying to make them look like "paws" using York peppermint patties and Junior Mints.
Then we went exploring a little bit more on the trails. At one time there was a ropes course and there were some fun things still accessable. A log swing...
and a rope swing...
Some how I was coerced to swing too...and I needed some help from my daddy to get on it. Good times.
THEN...
it was time for the giant slip-n-slide.
Ella wanted to ride with Morley.
she only went once.
The boys had a great time!
Ella just wanted to hang out...
and be cute...
while the boys continued to play on the slide...
We had such a fantastic day with Nana and Pa. It was pouring down rain when we arrived back at the house but we were so exhausted we didn't mind hanging out inside!








8 comments:
I LOVE the terrified look on Ella's face going down the slide. Priceless! Looks like your vacation has been one filled with TONS of memories.
Love the pictures of Ella! Looks like you are having a great time.
I love the pictures of Ella. It looks like you are having a great time with your parents. Fun memories!
The property has changed a lot since we were there, but it's always a fun place. I love that you could do so many great things with mom and dad.
You are so brave! Getting up on that little ole rope swing! Priceless... and cute with your dad's help! Ella's face about killed me! What a silly lady. Holy huge slip and slide! Is that a permanent thing? Looks like fun.
What a fun day we had! Even though I had my own little trauma with the van door. It's not even noticable now! I remember seeing Ella's terrified look and wasn't surprised she didn't go down again. I hope you get your laptop figured out soon.
That slide looks like so much fun. Ella's little face looked so scared as she was going down. So glad that you got to do so many fun things with your parents!
Awesome that you got to share that part of your past with your kids! *I* want to ride on that slip and slide! :)
Post a Comment