"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, December 7, 2009

T.M.I.

1. I am a chronic tongue-sticker-outter. If I am concentrating on something...my tongue is sticking out. It is known to cause very chapped lips. My children have been blessed to also have this condition.

2. I HAVE to sleep with socks on in the winter. I can NEVER get my toes warm at night and hubby does not enjoy my cold feet under the covers.

3. I have an "obsession" about keeping my front room clean and tidy. I cannot, however, seem to keep my bedroom clean for more than a day. TOTALLY blame my husband for that!

4. I hate to measure! I love to decorate but I do not enjoy the time it takes to measure! I prefer to 'eye ball' it and call it good! I've become pretty accurate over the years and saved a ton of time!

5. I am too lazy to take off my make up at night and have been know to just 'retouch' the previous day application. However...I also avoid this disorder by just not wearing any most days during the week.

6. I had my nose broken during a basketball game my senior year in high school right before Christmas. After having it re-broken and straightened, I enjoyed TWO black eyes for the holidays! I have a permanent 'bump' where it was broken.

7. All of my shirts in my closet are hung in "color code fashion" (great term Darc) and sweaters are also folded the same.

8. I VERY much dislike lightening but enjoy thunder.

9. I prefer to fall asleep on the couch when Matt is out of town.

10. I despise unloading the dishwasher and matching socks. I could never to them again and not miss it at all. But then I would have a house full of dirty dishes and stinky boy socks!


Share your quirks! If you remember more of mine, enlighten me! I know I have more! Pin It!

6 comments:

Erica said...

My clothes are hung the same way in my closet. I putting my clothes away, but love it when trying to find something specific.

Matt and Carla said...

Fun and interesting facts about yourself!!! I too "eye ball" everything vs. measuring, as a matter of fact in a architectural detailing class I took in college- we were supposed to measure everything precisely as we drafted out these details for class as we made our portfolio and much of the time I wouldn't take the time to measure it out (I know bad & impatient of myself but you're right you get good at it if you do it all of the time) well next to me sat this guy who was a prefectionist and measured out everything precisely to the "T," he'd spend forever on his work and then he'd always get frusterated when we'd get our scores back because mine would always be higher than his, why measure when you've got a knack for eye balling it right?

Darci said...

Not measuring makes me nervous, but I'll come around eventually. I'm not sure why I can't come up with any other strange habits of yours. I am your sister after all. I guess I got all the quirks and you got all the crafty talent. Nice trade off, huh?!

Mackay Family said...

Haha. Laughing at your quirks. Don't we all have some form of OCD in our closet? As for me...I can't go to sleep with my makeup on. I am sure I will despise matching socks the more socks I have to wash! I think you are GREAT!

me said...

I have trained my daughter in the ways of a happy closet...my son is like his father. Nuff said. I just try not to look at it a lot and look at our closets instead. Now, if only I could magically make them bigger too! :)

I've done this quirk thing before and can't think of anything to add to yours...except your freakish need to get up at insane hours to workout. That IS TOO a quirk of weirdiness! :P hehe

Desi @ Wee Share said...

Alison- I cracked up at #1. I do that ALL the time too and have passed it on to my 15 month old :)

Desi
http://weeshare.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...