We love when family comes to visit! Living out in Nebraska limits the amount of family visits we receive because it is pretty far to travel from the airport (3 hours) and roads are sketchy during the winter and there is "nothing to do" according to some. We had Matt's parents and brother visiting from Idaho for a week and it was great! Great food, fun games, movies, wrestling, fishing, crafting and a little shopping. I wasn't very good about taking very many pictures, but I did catch a few moments!
all of the boys on Sunday after church
Morley and Grandma playing cat's cradle
Uncle Vince discovering "I SPY CHRISTMAS" with the boys

We were able to convince Mary and Preston to stay one more day so Vince could go fishing with the rest of the boys! They say the weather was perfect and they didn't even need to set up the ice house. Can you believe that hat Matt is wearing...SERIOUSLY! Is there a dead animal curled up on top of his head? He swears that is the warmest hat and it isn't for fashion...but function! SEVENTY or so fish were caught that day and everyone had a great time.
While the boys were off fishing, the girls headed to Sterling for a little retail therapy! I discovered there is a fabric store and a yarn store there...yeah! Mary makes the most AMAZING crocheted afghans. She has been making hats due to the ones she has seen Ella wear from Jenni. For Christmas I gave her a binder chuck full of hat patterns (thanks Jenni)! She was so excited and she stocked up on cotton yarn. I can't wait to see what she comes up with and Ella already has two new hats from Grandma! I found a few cute fabrics for my business that I am excited about. We ate lunch at the River City Grill and it was delicious! We headed home and enjoyed our quiet time before the boys invaded again!
We had a wonderful week with them in town! I love when the kids can have personal time with their grandparents, aunts and uncles and make memories!

4 comments:
Three cheers for company to give some variety to life. I can't wait to see what Mary comes up with! She has more time to sit down and crochet! I need another Utah trip with someone else driving so I can whip out 7-8 hats. All those new patterns are waiting!!! Yah, and Matt's hat looks like it should be a door MATT.
Sounds like a day enjoyed by everyone, both male *and* female. Love it!! :) There is a boy in Drews class that wears a hat just like that...disturbingly huge. LOL
Glad you had such a good visit and that they made in time to skip the driving drama from the storm!!
Great picture of the guys fishing. Matt's hat is, well, fits him nicely. :-) I think I might like one of Mary's or Jenni's hats. I never like the way I look in a hat. I'm so glad you had such a great Christmas. Love you, Mom
What a treat to have Matt's family there for Christmas. You are so kind to make a shopping trip - a task you hate I know.
Before I read your caption to the fishing picture I was laughing at Matt's ridiculous hat! I know he wears that at home just for you too!
Post a Comment