We were very excited to head out on our 4th of July family cam pout. Friday morning we packed everything up and of course needed to go to Cabela's and Wal-Mart before we officially hit the road. On the way out of the store...it started POURING. This was no sprinkle...it was borderline theremustbeatornadocoming storm! The wind was howling and we took shelter in a car wash stall! Thank goodness it was nearby so all our stuff in the truck and borrowed trailer didn't get soaked. We waited for nearly an hour for the storm to pass and tried to decide if we still wanted to leave town.
This almost ruined our plans...
but it didn't. As soon as the rain stopped we drove off, but needed to take the long way to avoid the muddy roads. We arrived at private property of a guy Matt recently met and started to set up camp. It was quiet and had 4 ponds to fish in. Jumbo Lake was only 1 mile away and it was so awesome to not fight the holiday crowds!
Ella relaxed in my new COMFY lounge chair
and of course had to dig some holes
and check out the ponds!
and enjoyed the gorgeous sunset.
Ella really didn't want her hair done Saturday morning...but took the time to smile at daddy!
Breakfast was cold cereal, grapes and Pop Tarts! Oh so healthy!
Breakfast was cold cereal, grapes and Pop Tarts! Oh so healthy!
We headed over to Jumbo with our lunch fixings in the cooler. The kids LOVED playing in the water, climbing the trees and fishing. I LOVED lounging in my chair, reading and soaking up some sun.
We didn't pack any fireworks, much to the boys HUGE disappointment. We were told we would be able to see a nearby town's fireworks, but we couldn't. Instead...it was peaceful and still a lot of fun. Matt and Morley fished long after dark and I caught fire flies with Drew, Brayden & Ella. That was so much fun. I remember wishing I could do that growing up and it was fun creating that memory with the kids. Brayden and Drew we champion catchers. Ella was thrilled to carry around the container holding the little 'lightening bugs'.
And we couldn't leave without a family picture. We spotted this old tractor on the property before we left. Thanks to the trusty 'self timer' on the camera...we were able to get a pretty fun shot. Of course not everyone is cooperating but I still love it...3 day camping grunge and all!
It was a FANTASTIC weekend. It is amazing how much less arguing the kids do when we are out and away from everything. I can't wait for our next outing!
Click HERE for more pictures if you just can't get enough!


13 comments:
That looked like an awesome weekend of camping. The sunset, ponds and everything was so beautiful. I love catching fireflies...fun memories. LOVE the picture on the tractor! It is so cute. Are you sure you had been camping...cuz you look way to good!
It seems like you do anything out of the ordinary and the kids always become little angels!
Looks like a great trip! Something about being outdoors is just so calm and fun too. Kayson can't get enough of being outside.
What a fun trip! Love the family picture on the tractor- what a great prop!!! :)
What a fun trip! My kids would love that... let me know next time you go, I will send them out! :) I love the pic of your reading... so relaxing! Great family picture too!
Hey Allison! Jolene told me about your cute blog. It's great to read about you and your sweet family. What a fun camping weekend. And what adorable kids you have. I'm glad I can keep in touch with ya through your blog! Take care! :)
P.S. Check mine out too :)
I love seeing the pictures to go along with your weekend adventure. I love, love the pic of your book feet and the hick family Haley "driving off into the sunset." That picture is worthy of wall space!! LOL
It looks like you guys had a FAB holiday. The pictures are awesome!!
Love the tractor! What a great weekend! *sigh* Fond memories of our Memorial Day trip. It's too hot for me to camp now, b/c I can't sleep and sweat. I didn't know there were lightning bugs there!?!?! How did I miss that???? Do they not come out til it's warmer?
Looks like a great camping get away your family was able to enjoy over the 4th- and so glad the rain didn't spoil any plans. I love all of your cool pictures, your blog is always fun to take a peek at!
Looks like great fun and very relaxing! I love when we have time to just hang out as a family. The tractor pictures are awesome and the tree the boys are climbing in is awesome. My boys love climbing trees!
My goodness you've been busy! You got some fantastic pictures too! I'm glad you've been having fun :)
It looks beautiful and so much fun!
That looks like so much fun! Kids love camping: junk food, dirt, no schedule!
Post a Comment