"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, July 20, 2009

2 wheelin' boy

Brayden is just one of those kids that figures things out on his own. He has had training wheels on his bike all summer...but the bike has been needing some "repair" recently and he hasn't been riding it. This evening he was playing with a boy down the street and zooming down the sidewalk on his scooter! I was paying attention to something else and he yelled, "hey mom, look at me!". So I turn around and he cruises by on a two wheeler and no training wheels. I did a double take and screamed excitement for him!
Just like that...he decided he could do it. I love that kid!


Then against my better judgement, we made a few bike ramps on the sidewalk for the 6 neighborhood boys to enjoy. See what happens when Matt leaves town? No injuries and tons of fun!! Brayden surprised me by trying them, he is a daredevil!

post update 7/22/09
OUCH...and lots of band-aids!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

12 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

Wow!!! That is seriously impressive! Way to go, buddy! (By the way,Avery's birthday is on the 3rd-she is going to look so cute in her watermelon shirt you made for her!) =)

Jenni Call said...

What a cute smile on his face! He is all BOY...love, love it

Maran said...

He's so cute! That is very cool. It's fantastic when kids start doing things on their own without you having to teach them, isn't it?

Jill said...

Yay Brayden! And ramps too?! Brave kid!

Lori Davis said...

I am impressed by him and by you... bike ramps?? Nice mom! Good job, Brayden!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Yeah for Brayden! He sounds like Bruce who just learned to ride - way too confident! That scares me!

Cook Family said...

WOW! I hope Jayce learns to ride a bike like Brayden and I hope Alexah learns to potty train like Ella! YOU ARE SUPER MOM!

Darci said...

I was waiting to see a picture of skinned knees at the end of your post. Brayden is brave and clearly so pleased with himself. What a cutie.

The Haley Family said...

oh...there are some serious skinned knees. I will take pictures tomorrow and post and 'update' on this post. Poor kid has bloody knees but keeps on peddling. Impressed with himself in an understatement...and I cannot take ANY credit for his accomplishment. He's pretty cute!

Joanne said...

Wow, there's no holding him back. That is so cool. Put your volleyball knee pads on him. Oh wait, you never wore your knee pads! Mom

me said...

And this is what pays my bills. LOL ;) Congrats to Brayden! See you tomorrow!

alison said...

How exciting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...