"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

workin' woman!

It is true, I have joined the work force, outside of my home!

Today was my 1st day.

I accepted a position with our local school district to be a Teacher's Assistant or a "Para" as they are affectionately referred to. I will be working at the 5th & 6th grade school until the Christmas break and then at the 4th grade school (Morley's) after the break. It will be a huge transition working full time outside the home, but I am comforted by the fact that I am "off" when Morley & Drew get out of school. I will also have all the same holiday breaks, days off, etc. that they will have.

Yes, Ella & Brayden will be going to daycare. That is
THE HARDEST thing to deal with during this whole working woman thing!

Matt and I know this is the right decision right now for us, eventhough it was a very hard decision to make. No details, no justifying anything...just the bare bones of information. Thanks for your love, support, encouragement and prayers!

AND...we will get past our obstacles and be okay!
Pin It!

15 comments:

Sarah J. said...

My mom and sister do the same thing and love it! You'll be great!

Her Royal Highness said...

I understand. completely. hugs and prayers to you!

Christine said...

*HUGS* to all of you while you adjust to the change. But if it's the right thing for your family, it will work out. I hope the transition is as easy as possible for everyone.

We're facing the same kinds of decisions around here and I have to say that I admire you for having made a difficult decision. ;)

Darci said...

Now this will change how frequently we talk on the phone. . . hmmm. It has only been a few days now, but I miss you! =) I hope the first day was fun.

Joanne said...

In today's economy with all the demands on families, it is increasingly necessary for Mom's to work outside the house.

We support you 110%

Dad

Krista said...

Good luck with your new job! I agree with Sarah--you'll be great.

me said...

You know I'm behind you 100%, toots and we're praying for you right now. Who can't use a little prayer, hmm? *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Hey! You are going to be great and the kids are going to LOVE Mrs. Haley!!! It sounds so official! Good luck to all of you with this transition and to you as you adjust to working again! I love you!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Dad is so politically correct, I love it!
Good luck sis, I know you'll enjoy it and get in the grove.

Jill said...

I am with you all the way! I have taken on two kids here at the house. Does it make up for what Tim loses every paycheck? Nope, but it covers almost half. We are feeling the pressure here too and are in the process of getting Tim nationally certified so we can send out his resume to different states and see what we can come up with. It sucks big time, but you do what you have to do in order to make ends meet and what is BEST for YOUR family!
I love ya!
Your the BEST!!!

Joanne said...

Now you will find out how much your boys can help you with. All of them. :-) You know what "they" say, the busier you are, the more you get done. Now you just have to help the school district realize how valuable you are. Things will work out. Just keep those knees bent! Love you, Mom

Esther Ogden said...

I'm sorry to hear that things are rough for you. If I were there, I would give you a big hug and we could chat for hours over a huge hunk of chocolate. I love you and will be praying for you and your family tonight. When you know you have made the right decision according to the Lord's will, you just hold your head up high and believe that all things will come together for your good. You are a sweetheart, Ali. =)

Courtney said...

Ali you are so amazing! I really have felt so blessed to have you as a friend. You are a great mother! You really are. Sometimes I wish I could be a kids again and not have to worry about money or other crazy stuff. Love ya!

Rebecca said...

Kids are resilient and you have to do what you have to do! Good Luck!

M. Wright said...

We hope you the best. It sucks working, but at the same time I want to go back. Its a great position to be in, at school. Hopefully you can spy on Morley too! Hopefully it gets easier, and the time goes by quick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...