We were awaken at 6:45 am by Morley, but we sent him back to sleep for one more hour. I am sure he was dying to 'see what he could see' from the hallway! I got up at 7:30 and started getting everything 'ready' for them...the music, cameras, and cinnamon rolls in the oven.
They had to wait for 'their cue' before they could come into the living room. Tradition is...they have to come in, with their favorite stuffed animal, (a tradition when I was growing up) and start with their stockings, then Santa's gifts, etc.
waiting for the 'OK'
It was so much fun to watch the kids open their gifts and see the genuine excitement and joy on their faces. I know the boys' favorite gift was from Santa...Mega Bakugans!!
I think my favorite all day has been Ella's excitement of her baby & stroller gift from Santa! Oh it is fun having a little girl!
Toss Across was another HIT with the boys, it has been so fun watching them play together!
Matt and I weren't supposed to exchange gifts. I sadly kept my part of the deal, but Matt gave me a special gift. A scripture that has new meaning to us during our current trials is, Mosiah 18:21. He had that scripture printed and put on a piece of 12x12 tile for me, and wrote me a very special letter that I will always cherish! I cried, as he predicted.
This is definately a Christmas I will always remember!
**I must amend my post**
It was an extra special day because we were able to talk with my little brother Tom. He is serving his 2 year mission in Tiajuana, Mexico. On Christmas day they are able to call home and talk with their families. My entire family was on a conference call with Tom. It was so neat to talk to him, hear of his experiences so far in Mexico!


9 comments:
Oh Alison...Just reading your blog brought tears to my eyes! You have such a wonderful family! You had a Christmas that you will never forget! :-)
What a great post Ali. This Christmas was special in many ways. Matt sure loves you.
Go Matt! That's so sweet!
It looks like a fun Christmas day, and I especially love the first picture of the kids on the stairs. LOL, they're so cute!
Merry Christmas, Alison.
We also enjoyed the giving and the receiving from family and friends and strangers alike. I'm glad it was one that was memorable for you. May you always remember that spirit that you felt and keep it with you each Christmas season!!
Here's to having great men by our sides, sweetie! *HUGS* Merry (belated) Christmas! :)
I am so glad that some of the traditions of your youth have been passed down. I could almost feel the excitement of the kids as they awaited the okay. Especially, Ella's expression, priceless. I just love the doll and stroller pics. What fun you are having with the addition of a little girl after the three boys. What a wonderful Christmas you had. There is nothing better than knowing that you have the love of your family and have the spirit of the Lord in your home. I love you, Ali! Mom
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! What a precious gift from Matt. I'd love one of those! (plaque and letter, that is!)
Love and hugs to you. Merry Christmas!
Miss you....
Looks like a fun Christmas. My boys are into the Bakugan too and Madelyn also got a doll and little stroller that she has been pushing around everywhere. How nice you could conference in and talk with your brother. Sounds like a perfect day!
Post a Comment