"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, February 24, 2014

keeping busy while coughing...















I stayed home from work on Tuesday and actually went to the doctor.  I was afraid I had bronchitis, the doctor said my lungs were clear...but gave me a steroid inhaler to help out.  I felt horrible and slept most of the day while being kept company by Boomer and Netflix.

The rest of the week we had our regular activities.  I followed a tractor through Sidney while I was there for my appointment and enjoyed some delicious vanilla ice cream that felt wonderful on my sore throat.  Frigid temps set in again along with some snow.  We survived the week and enjoyed staying inside and warm.  Morley had his last JV basketball game Friday night at Garden County.  They won by a lot but it was a bummer to only have them play two quarters.  Matt and I enjoyed a date night at the game with no kids and then went to dinner with the Brenner's and Freirich's at The Roost in Lisco.  It was another fun night of yummy food at a small town diner and funny stories.  They are good people.

EARLY Saturday morning Matt and Brayden left to Casper, WY with Hobbes for some good trout fishing.  Brayden was quite excited to be fishing with the BIG BOYS and had so much fun!  They got home late Sunday night.  While they were gone, we all stayed hunkered down inside to stay out of the snow and the COLD temps. The only time I left my room, again....was for Bountiful Baskets.  Then it was back to bed.  I just cannot shake this cough and my left ear was plugged and achy.  I ordered burgers from Whittles for dinner and took Morley with me so he could go in and pick them up. They loved them and watched the snow fall and fall and fall.  Sunday morning it has snowed about 9" and the roads were not clear so we stayed home from church which was only sacrament meeting due to the weather.  Without Matt home to drive, I didn't want to drive the highway when it was such a mess.  Once again, we stayed inside-nice and warm.  I decided to try a new omelet: eggs, spinach with pepper jack cheese and heirloom grape tomatoes on top.  Delish.  I was the only one who loved it!  What a week! Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...