"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day...this & that







Well the week started out a little rough with Ella needing to leave school at 9 am on Monday with a fever of 100.2.  How I missed it in the morning that she was feeling yucky I don't know.  She fevered all day and just napped and watched movies.  I took advantage of the day home and finished some sewing orders while she napped.  I had to cancel scouts after school and it was just a lazy day.  Tuesday she threw up because she was so hot before her fever broke but recovered through the day.  I stayed home until lunch and then Matt came home and I went to work.  She was fine on Wednesday and we all headed back to school/work. I started to feel yucky Wednesday evening, achy and tired but never had a fever or nausea.

Thursday school was crazy and Valentine's Day parties were fun!  Brayden had to bring treats to his class and he wanted chocolate dipped heart shaped marshmallows with sprinkles.  Done.  I still adore the holder Matt made for me!  The roses are not mine, Brayden's teacher received them from her boyfriend.  They were gorgeous!  It was a fun busy day and everyone was anxious to have a long weekend with Friday and Monday off of school.  I started to have a cough and didn't think it would turn into much...

Friday I woke up and made the kids a fun Valentine's Day breakfast.  I did however not get the house decorated like years past.  I was sad but they didn't seem to notice.  I can redeem myself next year. We enjoyed a lazy day together at home.  Morley had a home basketball game at 4:30 and the scouts had concessions so it was a busy night.  My cough definitely set in and it was bad! I sounded like I was barking every 5-10 minutes.  Morley's team won and it was a fun night.  After the game we settled the kids in with movies: Drew and Morley in the basement and Brayden and Ella in our bed.  That would avoid any arguing about what would be watched, etc.  Matt gave me some ice cream filled chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day.  They were so good and I even shared with everyone.  Then Matt and I headed over to Morley's basketball coaches house for a little get together.  It was a lot of fun and met people we had only been acquaintances with.  We have had some good missionary opportunities.  We talked basketball most of the evening and listened to some funny stories.  Most of them had grown up in Dalton/Gurley or have lived there for a minimum of 20 years.  Oh the laughter we had!  Coach "O", the varsity coach was there too.  We adore him and hope he continues to coach for a few more years.  The Schumacher's, Freirich's, Brenner's, Oltmann's, Jenn and Nick were a fun group to hang out with until midnight! Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...